Customer Service Apprenticeship William King Ltd
This is an excellent opportunity for a Customer Service apprentice to work within a busy operations office, assisting with various tasks which could lead to a permanent position upon completion. Starting on £12,000 per year, increasing to £15,000 year 2 and £18,000 year 3.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
31 Oct 2021
02 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
An excellent opportunity for a Customer Service Apprentice at William King, based in West Bromwich.
Working within a busy commercial office, training will cover all aspects of customer service in line with the company's standard operating procedures. We require an individual to learn and develop appropriate customer service and administration skills with a view to progressing to become a successful Commercial Account Controller. The successful applicant will need to liaise effectively with customers and suppliers to ensure customer satisfaction and provide an efficient service resulting in a profitable outcome for the company. The position will involve working with companies across Europe and worldwide and there may be opportunities in the future to work abroad.
Duties will include:
- Assist with the management of commercial accounts effectively in a professional manner
- To work as part of a team, with other sales people
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing telephone calls
- To relay information between customers and colleagues to keep both parties informed on the current situation regarding orders
- Learn and assist with sales forecasting to control stock levels
- To learn and assist with production control with process instructions containing accurate information regarding external customer requirements
- To learn and assist with the provision of transport with external customers' delivery requirements
- General customer service duties
Requirements and prospects
- Experience in a customer services environment would be a preferred option, however full training will be given
- Intermediate excel with experience of using pivot tables
- Speaking German would be advantageous
- Good verbal and written communications
- Good maths skills
- Good attention to detail
- Confident and outgoing
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Able to meet deadlines
- Personable with customer
- Strong follow up skills
GCSEs, or equivalents, at grades A*-C/9-4 in maths and English Language and ICT as a minimum.
- At the end of the apprenticeship a job could be offered if you have met all the criteria during your apprenticeship
- Year 1 wages £12,000 Year 2 £15,000 Year 3 £18,000
Things to consider
Additional training will take place at In-Comm Training & Business Services Aldridge, Walsall WS9 8UG - please ensure you can travel there.
About the employer
William King is a leading independent metals service centre. Together with Mi-King Ltd and Mi-King s.r.o., we are industry leaders in the supply of steel strip mill and aluminium products. Our range of materials includes Mild Steel, Stainless Steel Tinplate, ECCS, Blackplate, Pre-painted steel and Aluminium.
From our base in West Bromwich in the heart of the UK, we buy and sell steel and other metal products on a global basis and have established long term supply partnerships in all the major metal consuming sectors, including the automotive, consumer durable, packaging and construction industries.
IN-COMM TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by In-Comm Training Services Ltd
Alex Jones 01922 457686 firstname.lastname@example.org
This apprenticeship will be delivered over 15-months, resulting in:
- Level 2 NVQ in Customer Service
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Functional skills if needed
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.