Chef de Partie (Chef de Partie Apprenticeship) Barons Pub Company Ltd TA The Cricketers
To maintain a high standard of the food preparation, cooking, service and storage at the site. Taking an active role in the cost reduction, control of resources and portion control. Working in line with Barons and legal Food Safety, H&S and Trading Standards requirements, policies and procedures.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2021
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 48.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
02 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Immediate start ...
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
Salary ranges from
- 18-20 yrs. - £7.00/hr
- 21/22 yrs. - £9.25/hr
- 23+ yrs. - £9.25/hr
Planning, organising and Managing within the kitchen environment
- Follow instruction, information and guidance from the Duty Chef, on the planning and organisation for the effective running of the kitchen, following instruction and delegating responsibilities to the Kitchen Porters
- Opening and closing the kitchen areas to Barons standard using the opening and Closing Check sheets and other documentation
- Maintain food service standards in terms of presentation, content, food safety and time service standards in the kitchen. Following Barons food specifications at all times
- To immediately report any concerns or hazards to the Duty Chef about the performance and standards of supplier’s deliveries, equipment or the work environment
- To work following Food Hygiene and Health and Safety performance requirements in the kitchen to ensure legal compliance
- To report any concerns regarding non-compliance to the Head Chef and Duty Chef
- Report to the Duty Chef any concerns which may potentially breach Policy, Procedural or Legal requirements
- To actively support the Head Chef in meeting the action points identified from internal Audit/Inspection
- To professionally deliver on all duties in line with level of responsibility
- To communicate professionally with the kitchen team, the front of house managers and team members
Cost Control and Sales
- Assist the Head Chef and Duty Chef in meeting gross profit targets
- To assist in the monitoring food supplier quality and deliveries against the delivery note, to ensure that we receive the best possible service, quality and correct stock to enable the kitchen to meet the GPs
- Minimise waste in all areas of food preparation, cooking and storage, through portion control, accurate and accountable date labelling, correct storage, and correct temperature recording in line with Barons Policies and Procedures
- Maximise sales by ensuring the quality of food served and meeting food service time standards
- Ensure the effective use of utilities
- To support the Head Chef with continuous improvements from Stocktake reports and Weekly Waste Reports
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with kitchen and front of house teams that encourages communication
- Attend meetings as required
- Taking action to remain informed and updated on changes within the kitchen, policies or procedures
- Reporting any concerns or issues to the Duty Chef
- Complete daily kitchen paperwork
- To follow the shift pattern as communicated by the rota
- Support the development of the kitchen team
- Promote a culture that encourages employee participation, a professional approach, open communication, a fun exciting workplace and supports Barons values of 'Being the Best you can Be'
- Deliver on the Values, Competency Framework, and Business Objectives: Barons will be run Professionally, Profitably, Efficiently and Compliantly
- Assist the Head Chef and Duty Chef in ensuring that all staff and sections of the kitchen maintain Food Safety and Health and Safety standards in line with legal requirements and Barons policies and procedures
- Adhere to Food Safety, Health and Safety and Trading Standards policies and procedures at all times
- Report concerns or hazards immediately to the Head Chef / Duty Chef
- Follow instruction
- Attend courses commensurate to your level of responsibility
- Actively participate in training and coaching
Requirements and prospects
- Effective Communication skills
- Team working skills
- Being able to manage self
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good customer service skills
- Legal compliance and understanding
- Performance results
- Food preparation and presentation
- Maths and English skills
- Planning and organising
- Business awareness
- Demonstrates the behaviours of a professional role model
- Embraces pride and responsibility
- Responds to changes in the business and industry
- Committed to continuous personal development
- Active listener
- Team player
- Contributes to improvements in standards of communication
- Effective delegator
- Problem solver
Maths and English at GCSE grade C/4 or above or equivalent
Barons Pub's aim is to provide professional training and development opportunities that will support the progression of staff and managers in developing competent, knowledge, skills and attitudes which contributes to a successful career.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Barons Pub Company is a successful, independent food-led pub group with 10 busy sites in superb Berkshire & Surrey locations. We have been recognised in the 2019 London Stock Exchange ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’ report, which showcases the UK’s most dynamic and fastest growing companies. All of our Pubs have 5 star hygiene ratings and excellent TripAdvisor reports.
The Barons Academy offers excellent training and development programmes for Front and Back of House employees, with guaranteed opportunities for progression.
The Education and Skills Partnership Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Education and Skills Partnership Ltd
Kate Moorby (Baron's Pub) 07384 253720 email@example.com
As part of this apprenticeship, staff will complete the Level 3 Chef de Partie Apprenticeship.
Those who do not have a maths and English at grade C/4 or above, or equivalent will also complete functional skills training in maths and English.
Barons Pub also provide a range of professional training and development opportunities to support the progression of staff and managers.
Chef de partie
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.