Hospitality Team Member Apprentice Barons Pub Company Ltd TA The Cricketers
To effectively and professionally maintain a high standard of performance in waiting duties, including hospitality, customer service, communication with the kitchen team and delivering on Barons values and service standards. Exceeding customer's expectations.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2021
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 45.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
02 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Immediate Start ...
Salary ranges from:
- 16/17 yrs. - £5.00/hr
- 18-20 yrs. - £6.56/hr
- 21/22 yrs. - £8.36/hr
- 23 yrs. + - £8.91/hr
Planning, organising and managing for the Restaurant activities within the Group:
- Follow instruction and guidance given by the management team at all times
- Set up the pub and service areas in line with Barons standards and procedures
- Carryout cleaning duties as instructed by the management team
- To support the kitchen and bar as required to ensure the smooth operation of the pub
- Maintain food safety standards in terms of cleanliness and hygienic practices at all times
- To immediately report any concerns, to the Duty manager and follow safety instruction given
- To work following the Food Hygiene and Health and Safety standards and procedures. This includes meeting the uniform policy
- Support the management team on meeting the Licensing objectives
- To pass Dining Approval with the support of the management team
- To actively support the General Manager in meeting the action points identified from Internal Audit / Inspection
- Delivering on the Core Competency Framework
Cost Control and Sales:
- To attend training meetings and workshops as required to support your development and competence
- Minimise waste in all areas of the pub, in line with Company policies and procedures
- Assist in maximising sales by contributing to the quality and delivery of the customers experience
- To actively upsell and make recommendations to customers
- Establish and maintain relationships with front of house and kitchen staff that encourages professional communication
- To support the training of other team members as required
- Attend team meetings as required
- Keep informed and updated on a daily basis, knowing your role and responsibilities. Actively seeking information
- To attend courses and workshops as required to develop competent performance
- Promote a culture that encourages employee participation, a professional approach, open communication, a fun exciting workplace and supports Barons values of ‘being the best you can be’
- Keep managers informed of rota availability. Meet rota commitments
- Assist the management team with the compliance with Food Safety, Health and Safety and Licencing procedures and safe practice
- Assist the management team by projecting a positive and helpful attitude when dealing with any visit by Environmental Health Practitioners at the put, taking responsibility for following advice and guidance as directed
- To co-operate and follow instructions given by the management team on legal compliance training, staff development and attendance of courses
Requirements and prospects
- Effective Communication skills
- Team working skills
- Being able to manage self
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good customer service skills
- Performance results
- Maths and English skills
- Business Awareness
- Passionate about people and hospitality Customer awareness
- Takes ownership
- Committed to continuous personal development
- Team player
- Polite courteous and professional
- Has a can-do approach
- Great communicator
Maths and English at GCSE grade C/4 or above or equivalent
Barons Pub's aim is to provide professional training and development opportunities that will support the progression of staff and managers in developing competent, knowledge, skills and attitudes which contributes to a successful career.
Things to consider
Additional training that will be undertaken during the course of your apprenticeship will include:
- Dining Approval
- Level 2 Health and Safety
- Level 2 Food Safety
- Emergency First Aid
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Barons Pub Company is a successful, independent food-led pub group with 10 busy sites in superb Berkshire & Surrey locations. We have been recognised in the 2019 London Stock Exchange ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’ report, which showcases the UK’s most dynamic and fastest growing companies. All of our Pubs have 5 star hygiene ratings and excellent TripAdvisor reports.
The Barons Academy offers excellent training and development programmes for Front and Back of House employees, with guaranteed opportunities for progression.
The Education and Skills Partnership Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Education and Skills Partnership Ltd
Kate Moorby (Baron's Pub) 07384 253720 email@example.com
- Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Standard
As part of this apprenticeship, staff will complete the Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship.
Those who do not have a maths and English at grade C/4 or above, or equivalent will also complete functional skills training in maths and English.
Barons Pub also provide a range of professional training and development opportunities to support the progression of staff and managers.
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.