Early Years Practitioner Apprentice DOTTIE'S NURSERY LTD
To work as part of the team under the direction of the leader to provide safe, high quality care for young children.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
07 Oct 2021
01 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Your role with Children
- To ensure the provision offers a safe and stimulating play environment in which children are able to play freely.
- To assist with the planning, preparing and delivery of activities, which meet children’s individual developmental needs.
- To work face to face with the children supporting their needs.
- To help serve snacks, lunches and teas throughout the day.
- To follow guidelines and procedures for child protection as recommended by the registering authority.
- To adhere to the club’s confidentiality policy.
- To administer first aid as appropriate.
- To carry out some light domestic duties.
Your General Responsibilities
- To attend regular staff meetings.
- To attend regular supervision sessions with the senior management team.
- To attend any relevant training.
- To ensure that all policies and procedures of the club are understood and followed.
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience of working with young children.
- Commitment to young children and families.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Willingness to learn and undertake professional development.
- Friendly, flexible approach.
- To be flexible in hours and duties in order to meet the needs and requirements of the nursery.
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
- Health cleared for the role.
- Full and valid Paediatric First Aid Certificate.
- Food Hygiene.
- GCSE A*-C/9-4 grade in English and maths or equivalent.
- To become a permanent member of the team and progress to become a fully qualified Early Years Educator.
Things to consider
- To role is physically, emotionally and mentally challenging at times.
- The role carries significant responsibility for the health, safety and security of young people.
About the employer
Based in the Western Park area of Leicester, Dotties Nursery operates from 8am to 6pm on week days. We cater for babies and children up to pre-school age.
TRAIN TOGETHER LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Train Together Limited
Charlotte Budd 0116 2358000 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner standard.
- Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner.
- Level 2 Award in Functional Skills in English and maths (if applicable).
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.