Apprentice Engineering Machinist Technician J & M Pattern & Die Co Ltd
Assisting staff in the general manufacturing of gravity die equipment.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
01 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Apprentice opening to assist all staff in the manufacturing of gravity die equipment.
You will be required to have some knowledge of general machining, using wide range of metal working machines, including:
- 2D Millers
- CNC Lathe
- Manual Lathe
- Surface Grinder
- Linishing and grinding equipment
- Drilling taps
- General help to Managing Director
Requirements and prospects
- Would prefer candidates to have already completed a Level 2 Engineering qualification or be working towards achieving this level
- Hard working with a thirst for knowledge
- Amiable and flexible with workload
- Professional conduct
- Applicant must have GCSE, or equivalents, Grade C/4 or above or Functional Skills Level 2 in both maths and English language
- Company is ever growing in business trends; fully qualified toolmaker will be needed to cope with increased workload
Things to consider
- Managing Director is extremely busy and so teaching may be more on the job as opposed to set time/criteria
- Hourly wage: £5.00 per hour (Appraisal after 3 months)
About the employer
Provider of Gravity die equipment to the foundry industry. Established 1983.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Dudley College of Technology
Julie Perks 01384 363314 firstname.lastname@example.org
Full training will be provided on an ongoing daily basis and when required. You will be required to attend Dudley College premises to work towards a NVQ qualification. An assessor will be allocated to you to progress/help you through you course. Continual assessment for NVQ’s coupled with assignments/or exams depending on course of study. Time spent training will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week.
All apprentices will be required to achieve as a minimum:
- An employer approved Level 2 Foundation Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Technical Knowledge qualification
- Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking end point assessment
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.