Apprentice Nursery Assistant Sandbrook Playgroup
Sandbrook Playgroup are looking for an enthusiastic, caring individual to join their team of professionals in caring for their provision of children between the ages of 6 months - 5 years.
Closing date: 01 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
02 Dec 2021
07 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- To ensure that each child’s potential is fully developed in a social, physical, psychological and cultural sense and their development both as an individual and as a member of a group, is paramount at all times.
- To share responsibility for the preparation of a stimulating and caring environment, with due regard to all aspects of Health and Safety.
- To participate in planning and organising appropriate play and educational activities. To observe, assess and contribute to the written record of each child’s progress.
- To foster each child’s development and growth of independence and self-reliance.
- To encourage the children in developing both English and their own language.
- Maintaining good order and discipline among pupils, safeguarding their health and safety, both on nursery premises and when engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere.
- To provide personal care to a child, whilst at the same time encouraging their independence.
- To encourage and value the involvement of parents/carers in the life of the nursery and to appreciate and recognise the expert knowledge they have of their child.
- To implement the Centres/ Council’s Equalities and Race Equality policies fully. To work actively to overcome and prevent discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, gender, disability, sexuality and status.
- To be aware of own practice and keeping up with current trends in education. Attend relevant courses and INSET, in accordance with priorities in the Centre Development Plan.
- To render first aid in accordance with policy.
- To support the nursery by participating in events on site.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time to meet the needs of the setting.
- As part of the team, to contribute and participate in:
- Planning and preparation of the class, group work and individual work to suit the needs and age of the pupils.
- Whole Nursery record keeping.
- Participating in meetings relating to: curriculum development, general administration, school organisation and pastoral arrangements.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Team player
GCSEs at grades A*-C (or equivalent) in Maths and English Language are preferable, but not essential.
Further training and potential permanent employment.
About the employer
Welcome to Sandbrook Community Playgroup. We are based in Stoke Newington in Hackney. We provide care and education for children from the age of two and a quarter to five between the hours of 9am and 4pm each weekday during term time.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Sam Keeble 07495 553353 email@example.com
- Level 3 Childcare
- Functional Skills Maths and English (if required)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.