Production Control Administration Apprentice Fastline Steel Fabrications
Working closely with the Production Control and Inventory team to support the day to day tasks. The role will include preparing purchase orders, monitoring status of production in the manufacturing process, updating systems, visits to customer locations and trade shows.
Closing date: 10 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
14 Feb 2022
30 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The main duties for this apprenticeship are:
- Inbound and outbound telephone and email communications with customers, suppliers and internal team providing updates and reviewing queries on a daily basis
- Working closely with the Production Control & Inventory team to assist with tasks
- Preparing purchase orders for sub-contract operations, monitoring production status of orders in the manufacturing process
- Updating the production control & purchase system with relevant information using Excel spreadsheets
- Visits to customer locations, suppliers and trade shows - transport would be arranged
Requirements and prospects
- Analytical, logical thinker
- Able to handle detail
- Confident Excel, Word and Outlook use
- Good written and verbal communications
- Good maths skills
- Previous experience is not essential
- Pleasant telephone manner
GCSE grades 9-5/A*-C+ or equivalent in English and maths - as a minimum.
Progression can lead to a full time Production Control role.
About the employer
Fastline Steel Services UK Ltd are proud to offer a unique service in the perimeter security market.
We have year after year, consistently implemented procedural improvements which have helped us grow organically and become the UK’s leading manufacturer of steel perimeter systems. We continually invest in our processes, equipment and our team. Operating from our manufacturing facility in Wolverhampton, we have our Head Office in the same location and 3 other regional offices, ensuring good National coverage.
Our core fabricated products include:
- Steel palisade systems
- Rigid mesh panel systems
- Chain link & Weldmesh systems
- Fabricated railing systems (to suit any requirement)
All of the above include associated gate sets as required.
We are also heavily involved in testing high security products and have products certified (by the BRE) for LPS 1175 SR1 (A1) and SR2 (B3) perimeter systems.
Fastline’s team includes our own designers and CAD operatives. Working directly with the fabricators where required to ensure the best solutions are arrived at without fail.
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by In-Comm Training Services Ltd
Alex Jones 01922 457686
This is a Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship delivered over 18 months, which includes:
- Level 3 NVQ in Business and Administration
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- 20% off the job training
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.