Science Technician Apprentice Lady Manners School
Working under the direction of the Senior Science Technician. You will provide support for the teaching of Science subjects.
Closing date: 17 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
24 Sep 2021
01 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Working under the direction of the Senior Science Technician, you will provide support for the teaching of Science subjects.
You will learn:
- How to organise practical work across all three science disciplines in key stages 3-5
- How to apply health and safety guidance appropriately to allow students to learn in a safe environment
- How to maintain and repair essential items of laboratory equipment
- To take responsibility and use your initiative to solve problems
- How to become an effective member of a team A level 3 science-related qualification and knowledge of the Key Stage 3, 4 and A-Level science curriculum would be advantageous.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to recognise the need for and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to relate to teachers, other professionals, parents and students
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Ability to work calmly and professionally under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Ability to organise and prioritise work effectively and to deadlines
- Good communication skills Ability to work flexibly Basic ICT skills (Excel, Word, internet)
- Commitment to school improvement and raising achievement for all students
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with young people
- Takes responsibility and understands accountability
- Committed to the needs of the students, parents and other stakeholders
- Demonstrates a “can do” attitude including suggesting solutions, participating, trusting and encouraging others and achieving expectations
- Adaptable to change
- Ability to relate to and promote the school ethos
Good standard of education at GCSE or equivalent GCSE Maths and Science grade 9-4 or equivalent Evidence of continuing professional development City & Guilds 2377 In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment or equivalent * Level 3 qualification in a science-related area NVQ 2 Laboratory Technicians Working in Schools or equivalent
On going opportunities may be available to successful graduates of this programme.
About the employer
11-18 comprehensive school with over 1,300 students situated in beautiful surroundings in the Peak District
Lady Manners School
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by CSR Group
Elisa Moores 07786946648 email@example.com
- Laboratory Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.