Apprentice Kitchen Assistant Minerva Hotel
An all-round experience as a Apprentice Kitchen Assistant working in a busy kitchen producing over 1400 meals each week. You will learn all aspects of the kitchen duties and hospitality industry. Based in this traditional establishment in a prime location in Hull.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
01 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As with all roles of this type, you will begin with learning the basics of the kitchen, including veg prep. As you progress, your role will become more varied and you will undertake:
- Further cooking duties, with a view to being able to produce the full menu on completion of your apprenticeship
- Working to food safety standards
- Food preparation
- Dishwashing and keeping your work areas clean, safe, and tidy are everyone's responsibility in the kitchen
- Take part in stock checks and orders/deliveries.
- Communicating with front of house staff to ensure all orders are made accurately and in a timely manner, to ensure good customer satisfaction
Requirements and prospects
Full training will be given, no experience necessary, however a genuine interest and motivation to work in the hospitality industry is essential.
- Excellent timekeeping skills
- Strong work ethic, must be reliable and have
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to work as part of a team and use initiative when needed
- Listen to instruction and following given tasks within required timescales
- Willingness to learn and take instruction
- Able to follow instruction
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to remain calm when faced with deadlines
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English are desirable.
Long term future progression for candidates on successful completion to the apprenticeship programme, working in a prime and popular location on the Hull Marina!
Things to consider
This is a fast based hospitality industry. The shift rotas are 5 days out of 7 and will include evening, weekend and bank holiday work.
Sandwich and chips will be provided during break when shifts exceed 6 hours.
Whilst you will be allowed appropriate breaks, these must be taken at a convenient time. With this in mind, you must have a flexible approach to working hours. You may be active for long periods of time & weather/working conditions may vary throughout the year.
The work can, at times be very fast-paced and demanding. The successful applicant must be able to manage/cope with working in this type of environment.
Please check your travel abilities to get to Hornsea.
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered.
YH Training will pre-screen all suitable applicants, prior to any CV's getting sent to the employer. Applicants wishing to progress with their application for this role must attend a planned meeting with YH Training Services.
Please ensure you check your e-mails (including junk/spam folders) for any information coming through from YH Training. YH will also attempt to call using the number stated on your application form so please ensure that you have registered a number that works and is linked to yourself.
About the employer
Minerva Hotel is one of Hull's iconic pubs, steeped in maritime history. With an unbeatable location on the river front overlooking Hull Marina & The Deep. Featuring the smallest pub room in Britain.
Come & join us for a spot of lunch or an evening meal, choose from our new menu, packed full of homemade favorites. Our specialty is our Homemade steak pie and of course beer battered fish and chips.
We are proud of our cask ales with Tetleys cask always available, and up-to 5 more cask ales always on. And a great selection of fine wines, spirits and continental beers. And now home to Yorkshire lager.
YH TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by YH TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Sophie Ness email@example.com
Level 2 Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Functional Skills in maths and English (where required)
- Food Hygiene Technical Certificate
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.