Apprentice Receptionist Dr L James - Skelmanthorpe Family Doctors - Commercial Road
Exciting opportunity to join local Doctors Surgery! The Receptionist provides the first point of contact for all visitors. Your principle role, therefore, is to ensure that all of the following duties are carried out in a friendly, effective, efficient and highly professional manner.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
16 Oct 2021
01 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The Receptionist provides the first point of contact for all visitors. Your principle role, therefore, is to ensure that all of the following duties are carried out in a friendly, effective, efficient and highly professional manner. It is a great opportunity to develop your skills within Customer Service with the chance of career progression.
- To greet all patients and visitors presenting a the reception desk in a welcoming and pleasant manner
- To deal with patient enquiries regarding clinics within the practice; giving correct and up to date information and directing them as appropriate
- To manage the visitor’s book ensuring all visitors are checked in and are informed of the importance of checking out
- Oversee, monitor and take any steps necessary to ensure the smooth flow of patients to and from the clinics held within the practice
- Open mail and distribute as necessary
- Make tea and coffee and wash up as required
- Take and record messages appropriately
- Answer the telephone in accordance with Practice procedure. Putting calls through in a friendly and efficient manner
- Maintain supplies in consulting rooms
- To undertake any other duty that may be requested by the Reception and Administration Manager to ensure the efficient running of the practice
To comply with the following:
- Practice policies and procedures
- Health and Safety and Fire Regulations
- Data Protection Act
- Confidentiality protection of patients, Practice and work colleagues
This job description is not exhaustive and you may be asked to perform additional tasks not yet identified as falling within the scope of your role.
Requirements and prospects
Due to the nature of the job; confidentiality and discretion is key.
- Friendly and polite
Educated to GCSE standard (or equivalent).
Fantastic opportunities for progression.
About the employer
Skelmanthorpe Family Doctors will consistently strive to provide the highest quality healthcare. We will adapt to the health needs of the population. We will work in partnership with local people and neighbouring practices to ensure we continue to offer the same high standard of care.
We will respect patient choice and diversity. We will concentrate on service provision and react to the changing pattern of general practice.
NATIONAL BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by National Business College
Kirsty Longley 01484430433 email@example.com
Level 2 customer service practitioner.
Full training available plus one to one support from NBC.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.