Apprentice IT Infrastructure Support Technician TRUE MSP LIMITED
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a tech savvy individual to join a vibrant IT MSP provider based in Castle Donington Derbyshire! If you see yourself as a true IT hobbyist with a driven attitude and a desire to secure a career in IT, we want to hear from you!
Closing date: 11 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
12 Oct 2021
30 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The key to this role is having strong communication skills and a flair for technology.
Initially you will start on the IT helpdesk, however if you wanted to become more site based as an Engineer, they will support you with this.
Day to day duties may include but not necessarily limited to:
- Responding to IT related tickets
- Setting up new PC’s/Laptops
- Setting up new users on internal systems
- Networking PC’s to printers, scanners and other hardware
- Trouble shooting and technical fault diagnostics for clients and colleagues through remote access and on-site support
- Remote access to assist with the installations of both software and drivers for hardware for MS Office to communicate with
- Administrative tasks such as chasing server checks and printer readings
Requirements and prospects
- Good understanding of Office 365 and how to install
- Good understanding of networks and their functions; LAN, WAN, WLAN, VPN etc.
- Good understanding of DNS and what this relates to
- Good understanding of computer components and their functions
- Good understanding of trouble shooting and fault diagnosis stages
- Excellent communicator
- 5 GCSE's A*-C (Level 9-4) or equivalent- must include maths and English
- The opportunity to secure a full-time position once the apprenticeship has concluded
- The potential to progress onto a level 4 apprenticeship upon completion
- The chance to be promoted to a more senior role including additional responsibilities, if work ethic warrants
- Pay review- a significant increase in pay for exemplary performance
- Supportive employer who is thoroughly invested in developing young apprentices, evidenced with multiple former apprentices still with the business to this day.
Things to consider
- Fantastic team dynamic- a notion of 'work hard, play hard' is clearly evident
- Arcade machine in main office
- Private onsite parking
- Pizza Friday
About the employer
True MSP was formed to offer a fresh approach to IT support and services. After networking with numerous business owners it became clear to Tim and Neil, True MSP’s founders that although there are several companies offering IT services, many were leaving their clients frustrated with slow response times and poor customer service. Some of the larger support companies lost their personal touch, offering their clients a ticket number rather than a real person to deal with. Something True MSP will never do!
By focusing on simplicity and only partnering with a handful of the world’s best IT software and hardware vendors we know you’re getting the best IT experience possible. Our team know all of the products inside and out, are passionate about IT and understand the value of great customer service.
We don’t expect our staff to be at their best without making sure they have a great environment to work in. Every member of the team has a fast workstation with large crystal clear screens, the comfiest telephone headset, high quality ergonomic chair and big desk. Our office is open-plan and bright with the focus being on collaboration and communication.
We’ve invested in the most efficient support CRM software and remote desktop tools to allow our team to quickly connect, diagnose and resolve support issues. We firmly believe giving our team the best equipment and investing in our systems, creates a happier and more productive team. Knowing our team is happy means they will provide you and your organisation with the best customer service and IT management experience possible.
EMA TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by EMA Training
Abbygail Maddison 07384 548 571 firstname.lastname@example.org
This apprenticeship is delivered through the Level 3 Infrastructure Technician standard.
The BCS Knowledge Units that will be delivered as part of the apprenticeship are:
- Networking and Architecture
- Mobile and Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding and Logic
- Business Processes
In addition to the BCS exams, you will also work towards your CompTIA A+ certification from circa month 10.
In the last three months of the qualification, candidates will be studying towards the following for the End-Point Assessment (EPA):
- Synoptic Project
- Employer Reference
- Interview with a BCS representative
Functional skills if needed.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.