Kia Motor Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship Draycotts
Would you like a career as a mechanic working for Kia, a dynamic and exciting brand whose company ethos is 'Family-like Care'? Duties include investigation, repair and service of vehicles, producing estimates and carrying out diagnostics.
Closing date: 11 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2021
02 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry? Do you strive to deliver excellent customer service? If the answer is "yes" then the Kia Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you.
Draycotts Kia are currently seeking a Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice to join their dealership. This is an exciting role with first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects. The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training as well as building up confidence and gaining valuable work experience whilst undertaking the role.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside qualified technicians with the investigation, repair and service of vehicles
- Producing estimates
- Carrying out diagnostics
- Warranty work
- Assisting with MOT's on vehicles
- Other general technical duties and general housekeeping
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Mechanically minded
- Ability to use own initiative
- Passionate about the automotive industry
- Forward thinking and keen to learn, with an interest in development and progression
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
- Must have a 'can do' attitude
- Polite and courteous
- Have a keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
Minimum entry requirements:
- Maths, English Language and ICT grades A*-C (9-4) or equivalent
There is the potential of a permanent role with the organisation upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, however, this will be determined by the employer.
Your salary shall be reviewed throughout your apprenticeship.
About the employer
For the past 23 years we have had a KIA DEALERSHIP, we are the longest running KIA DEALER in the UK from opening our Kia Showroom doors in 1991 and the first in this area.
Whether you’re a private motorist or a company car driver, you’ll find new Kia offers and a constantly changing stock of Kia Approved used cars.
As a Kia approved repairer, we also offer a full aftersales service including servicing, repair, warranty, parts and accessories.
Whatever you expect or think you know about Kia, we go one step further. It proves our fixation with quality – it explains why so many people choose our cars and why we keep growing all over the world. Plus, with our state-of-the-art European Factory, the future is brighter than ever for Kia Motors.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Candidates will work towards achieving the Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship standard at level 3.
They will also be required to study towards achieving level 2 maths and English functional skills if they do not already hold equivalent qualifications.
The programme lasts for 36 months.
The training incorporates underpinning knowledge in partnership and managed by EMTEC Colleges.
Throughout the duration of the programme, the candidates will be expected to travel to EMTEC's training centre in Nottingham for 24 separate weeks to carry out skills training. Regular visits to the dealership from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors will take place, who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
Candidates will be expected to engage in self-directed learning outside of normal working hours, which will be monitored and tracked through an online e-portal.
The apprentice, employer and provider are required to maintain a logbook that captures progress over the programme.
- On-going assessment of soft skills and behaviours
- A behaviour assessment
- Knowledge and understanding tests at the end of Gateway 1 and 2
- Skills tests at the end of Gateway 1 and 2
This is followed by the synoptic assessment, of which there are four components:
- Logbook (final year review to assess apprentice's progress)
- Behaviour Assessment Knowledge Test (an in-depth, online test exploring knowledge/understanding of the apprentice)
- Skills Test (two-day practical examination of the skills of the apprentice)
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.