Apprentice HGV Vehicle Technician AJB PLANT AND COMMERCIALS LTD
We are looking for an enthusiastic Apprentice HGV Motor Mechanic to join our growing team. You will learn all aspects of heavy vehicle maintenance with both on and off the job training with industry professionals.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Nov 2021
30 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in HGV maintenance and repairs, your duties will include:
- Working with experienced technicians to learn HGV maintenance processes and how to diagnose problems
- Assisting with vehicle safety checks including servicing, brakes, emissions and testing specialist equipment
- Be keen to develop mechanical and electrical skills, and learn how to use diagnostic equipment
- Take an active role in workshop health and safety and housekeeping
- Keep working area in a clean and safe condition, dispose of displaced material, fluids, packaging etc. into receptacles provided
Requirements and prospects
- You should enjoy practical and mechanical activities, be able to work as part of a team
- Be good at technical activities and possess a high degree of attention to detail
- Have good time management
- Good problem solving skills
- Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks
- You must want to work hard and be a fast learner
- Pay attention to detail
- Have a methodical approach
- Have a keen interest in motor vehicles
Applicants will need a minimum of 3 GCSEs at grade 4 and above (A*-C grades) including in English and Mathematics based subjects or equivalent qualifications.
Possible full-time permanent position.
Things to consider
You must have a reliable method of transport to get to both work (Lincoln) and day release College (Scunthorpe).
About the employer
DN COLLEGES GROUP
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North Lindsey College
Sharron Eskesen Sharron.firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive both on and off the job training to undertake the Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician apprenticeship standard.
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.