Apprentice Mechanical Electrical Trim Technician (MET) WESTON ACCIDENT REPAIR CENTRE LIMITED
To train as a qualified Mechanical Electrical Trim Technician (MET) for the Vehicle Accident Repair Industry. Tasks may include removing and refitting body trims, body panels, electrical & mechanical components and carry out vehicle diagnostics.
Closing date: 23 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
24 Sep 2021
30 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
We currently have an opening for an apprentice Mechanical Electrical Trim Technician (MET). The role is demanding as the successful applicant will be working on a range of vehicles while learning their trade to a nationally recognised standard. Modern cars are becoming increasingly complex and it is essential that today’s MET Technicians are fully conversant with the most recent technology.
- Removing and refitting body trims and panels
- Removing and refitting Components
- Accessing and removing damage components
- Carry out vehicle diagnostics
- Carry out vehicle suspension alignment
This is an exciting opening for an opportunity to earn while you learn gaining a nationally recognised qualification and a future career.
Requirements and prospects
- Good practical skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Good time keeping and willing to learn
- Team player
- Proactive approach in maintaining customer standards
GCSE's, Functional Skills or Key Skills at grade C/Level 2 or above in English, maths and ICT equivalent.
Work experience/prior knowledge is beneficial but not essential.
We are committed to providing you with all the support and training you need to gain your level 3 qualification and to develop your career further with us as a skilled Mechanical Electrical Trim Technician. As a company we love to help our employees by encouraging them to undertake further training to open up even more career opportunities, perhaps in management.
Things to consider
- The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications
- Applicants should consider the distance required to travel to the employer. Access to transport would be beneficial. For an idea of distance to travel, this link may be of use http://www.traveline.info/
- Closing, interview and possible start date for this vacancy are subject to change. Interviews could commence at any time. You should apply immediately to avoid disappointment
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Our company has been established as a specialist Accident Repair Group for over 20 years. We have built our success on an unrivalled commitment to quality and customer service. Our objective is to deliver a high quality, comprehensive and professional customer focused service.
S & B AUTOMOTIVE ACADEMY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by S&B Automotive Academy Ltd
Luke Morison 07398 092218 firstname.lastname@example.org
S&B Automotive Academy is a Specialist Automotive Training Provider located in Bristol. S&B works in partnership with Weston Accident Repair Centre to offer the Vehicle Damage M.E.T Technician Apprenticeship programme over a 3-year period which culminates in an end point assessment.
Training is delivered in the workplace and via six one-week college blocks per year at S&B Automotive Academy. The apprentice will be assigned a workplace mentor and a college mentor who will offer support, advice and guidance by monitoring progress through the use of electronic logbook which both employer and apprentice will have access to 24/7 365 days a year.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Level 3 Vehicle Damage M.E.T Technician
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths & English (if not already achieved)
Vehicle damage mechanical, electrical and trim (MET) technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.