Dental Nursing Apprenticeship Deu Dental Care- Headingley
Deu Dental Care are looking to recruit a highly motivated and determined apprentice to join their team of professionals as an Apprentice Dental Nurse.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
20 Oct 2021
30 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Deu Dental Care, a small practice on the outskirts of Headingley, are looking to take on an Apprentice Dental Nurse. If you are eager to learn and have an interest in Dental Nursing then this could be the position for you!
Some of the jobs listed below will be part of your day to day activity:
- Prepare the necessary materials and instruments
- Provide clinical assistance to the dentists and hygienist while treating the patient, under his/her supervision
- Take all reasonable methods to ensure patient comfort
- Continually interpret the needs of the patients and dentists or hygienist, and deal with them promptly and efficiently
- Building relationships with patients
- Managing patient appointments
- Making sure all equipment is Sterilised and ready before procedures and treatments
- Processing lab requests/ X-Rays
- Calculating Treatment Costs
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent customer service skills are vital in providing a high standard of care to all patients
- interactions during the normal working day with other staff members, patients and healthcare professionals
- Willingness to learn new skills and behaviours
- Good written skills
- IT literate
- A strong work ethic
- A friendly, approachable personality
- A positive attitude to learning and developing new skills is a must
4 GCSEs grades 9 - 4 (A* - C) Including English and maths (or the equivalent).
There are a range of post registration courses available for dental nurses looking to further their education. They may include a range of higher education qualifications or other work-related education and training to support continuing profession development such as a Certificate in Dental Sedation Nursing, Certificate in Oral Health Education etc.
About the employer
At Deu Dental Care in Headingley, their practice ethos is to provide high quality dentistry in a caring environment so the patient enjoys the dental visit. Their dentists provide stunning cosmetic dental treatments, including porcelain veneers, crowns, white fillings and teeth whitening to create the perfect smile makeovers.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City Training Services
Tom Hughes 01274 7286316 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dental Nurse Standard Level 3
- Functional skills if required
Competency qualification: Apprentices will be required to produce work and build an e-portfolio of evidence through blended learning which will include practical and written knowledge assessments which are carried out in the workplace.
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.