Software Development Technician Apprentice Affinitus Group
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Developer with Affinitus Group, based in Sittingbourne.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2021
£12,000.00 - £20,000.00
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
20 Oct 2021
30 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
We are currently seeking to recruit programmers to join our existing team to develop and provide day-to-day support for our well-established ERP software. Working within the development team, the role will incorporate some customer facing interactions, support work and occasional travel to customer sites around UK with occasional international travel.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Develop and provide day-to-day support for our well-established ERP software. Working within the development team, the role will incorporate
- Some customer facing interactions
- Support work and
- Occasional travel to customer sites around UK with occasional international travel
Requirements and prospects
Skills Required (intermediate knowledge in as many of the following as possible):
- SQL Server (2005 upwards) including T-SQL
- Inheritance and OOP design principles.
- Database design and basic database admin procedures
- Knowledge of Accounts based solutions.
- Android App development
- Ability to express technical concepts to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing
- Analytical and problem solving ability
- Hunger to learn and continue personal/career development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer Service experience both face to face and via telephone
- IT Support Desk experience
- The ability to work within a team or on own
- Experience of working within any FMCG or food related environment
- Flexibility and adaptability
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English language and maths)
- The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position
About the employer
Affinitus Group was established by leading IT professionals in 1990 as an IT Business Solutions provider to organisations within the Distribution, Manufacturing and Warehousing and Storage sectors.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Darcy Greaves 01133500333 email@example.com
The Estio Training programme gives people the opportunity to get practical experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, maths Level 2 and English Level 2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Development Context and Methodologies (Two Parts)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Software development technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.