Glass Operative Apprentice MTM Units
We are looking for an enthusiastic, reliable person who would like to be trained in the manufacture of glazing products.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2021
£240.00 - £320.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
25 Sep 2021
02 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You would be working with a highly skilled team who would be teaching you all the aspects of manufacturing sealed double glazed units and other glazing products.
Reporting to the Production Manager on a daily basis.
As an Apprentice you will be trained in the following areas:
- Receive, unload, quality and quantity check materials and components, with a view to minimising damage and shortages
- Identify and confirm fabrication requirements against work instructions/ specifications
- Use fabrication equipment such as machines, hand and power tools; conducting equipment and/or machinery checks and adjustments in preparation for fabrication, including calibrations for accuracy of machine operation
- Measure, cut, drill and prepare the profile length of various materials (aluminium) that will form the finished product
- Manufacture the product including mullions (vertical bars) and transoms (horizontal bars) using the relevant jointing method and/or machinery
- Assemble the product including opening frames, sashes or vents if applicable using fabrication methods such as crimping, sawing, machining, Glazing and beading
- Fix ancillary items to the product, for example handles
- Check and inspect the product (such as windows, doors etc.) for any damage or imperfections in the frame or paintwork. Rectifying any defects, passing it on to appropriate colleagues or reporting the issue
- Clean and finish the product using appropriate materials and chemicals safely and ensuring the finished product functions correctly
- Protect and/or tape finished product and store ready for transportation
- Complete documentation, for example worksheets, quality and environmental
Requirements and prospects
- Good attention to detail
- Good understanding of technical information and measurements
- Good timekeeping
- A good work ethic
- An aptitude learning and being taught new skills
- Must work well in a team
- GCSE, or equivalents, maths A*-C/9-4 (not essential)
- A full time position may be offered after successful completion of the Apprenticeship
About the employer
Welcome to MTM Units Ltd a Sussex based company that manufacture sealed double glazed units.
We supply both trade and retail customers with the same care, attention and quality of service. Our factory is equipped with state of the art computer controlled machinery which enables us to produce units which comply with all the latest legislation and still keep our prices low. We were one of the the first glazing companies on the south coast to be awarded a BSI certificate for the quality control system we run, thereby ensuring a consistently high standard of product. We are also registered with CERTASS the industry federation. As well as manufacturing units for our trade customers we are able to provide tailored services to domestic customers as well.
IXION HOLDINGS (CONTRACTS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Ixion Holdings (Contracts) Limited
Steven Vasiliou 07507 558470 Steven.Vasiliou@ixionholdings.com
Fenestration Fabricator Level 2:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Ixion Holdings will ensure Health & Safety, and Equality & Diversity
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.