Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice MILLIE & CO LLP
Want to become a top stylist? An opportunity has arisen to become part of the team at this prestigious salon based in Peterborough. Millie & Co is looking for a Hair Professional Apprentice to join the team and be part of an ongoing learning experience.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
01 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Typical daily tasks of an apprentice will include:
- Cleaning and tidying the salon
- Greeting clients
- Making drinks
- Shampooing clients hair
- Advising clients on shampoos, conditioners and treatments (training will be given)
- Assisting and serving stylists and when a certain level of skill and understanding has been gained the tasks will gradually increase to tasks like applying colours, blow drying, styling etc.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
You should be:
- Smart and presentable
- A good attitude to work and timekeeping
- Customer focused
- Willing to learn
Candidate needs to be:
- Fluent in speaking English
- Able to read and write in English
- Maths qualification would be an advantage but not essential as training will be given
On successful completion of Level 2 Hairdressing, there may be the opportunity to progress onto Level 3 Hairdressing and good training program plus a chance at progressing to management for the right candidate.
Things to consider
Applicants must have a realistic idea of what it is like to work as an Apprentice in the Hairdressing industry and must be willing to help out with the less glamorous tasks such as cleaning.
Please be aware that when working as a Hairdressing Apprentice part of your daily job will be to clean and tidy the salon.
There will be some long periods of activity.
Applicants also need to ensure that they are willing to work Saturdays and at least one late evening before applying for the position, as this is a requirement when working in the Hairdressing industry.
About the employer
Welcome to Millie & Co Hair and Beauty.
We specialise in transforming hair into works of art, with style, flair and colour specifically for you.
At Millie & Co Hair and Beauty we want you to look good and enjoy your experience in our newly refurbed chic and contemporary fully air-conditioned salon where we provide a personal, friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We enjoy taking our time with each client to ensure they receive the treatment they deserve.
With a team of highly experienced and qualified hair stylists, we pride ourselves on our good reputation by providing you with a first class customer service, comprehensive hair care advice, personalised hair styling and colouring. Our many years of experience allows us to keep you looking your best.
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Emma Stead 01788 820132 email@example.com
- Level 2 Hairdressing Diploma
- Functional skills in maths and English if required
Level 2 (GCSE)