Apprentice Commis Chef Britannia Inn
Training on all sections of the kitchen and assisting the Chefs with the day to day tasks as well as managing your own section on certain days of the week. Maintain high levels of hygiene standards and working with the team to keep the menu constantly evolving. All we require is the right attitude, enthusiasm, drive and passion.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2021
29 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
An exceptional opportunity for someone looking to progress in the catering industry. We are currently looking to recruit an apprentice to join our kitchen team. This is a full-time position and all training will be offered in line with the Level 2 Commis Chef Food Production course available.
You will be learning to:
- Run your own section
- Manage your time carefully
- Complete your work to exacting standards with the guidance from experienced Chefs
- Food preparation including basic knife skills
- Working alongside trained chefs to gain cooking skills and knowledge
- Making sure the kitchen is clean, tidy and free of hazards
- Plating up meals in a presentable and creative manner in line with menu specifications
- Getting food out to customers in a timely manner
Requirements and prospects
- Show a real passion for the industry
- Good understanding of basic cooking principles and culinary terms will benefit the candidate
- Enthusiasm is key
- Good punctuality
- Be able to retain information and key instructions
- Good humour and love of food and eating!
- GCSE grade A - C (8 - 4) or equivalent in English and maths
- We are always on the lookout for the right employees who meet the high standards we require
- The successful apprentice will undoubtedly be considered for full time employment at the end of their apprenticeship
About the employer
In a stone-built, 18th-century, former school building, this relaxed hotel is a 4-minute walk from Sherborne train station and 0.9 miles from Sherborne Castle.
The simple, wood-furnished rooms all include flat-screen TVs and tea and coffeemaking facilities. Some rooms have ensuite bathrooms, while some have shared facilities.
Complimentary breakfast is provided, and there's a modern British restaurant, and a lounge bar with a fireplace. Free wifi is available in public areas.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Michelle Rogers 07880476072 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Commis Chef
- Training on all sections of the kitchen as well as food hygiene, stock rotation, menu planning, costing and assisting with college projects and assessments
- Including 20% off the job training
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.