Apprentice Dental Nurse Almondsbury Dental Practice
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join our friendly and busy dental practice. We are a dental practice with a well-established and friendly team. We would love you to join us as an Apprentice Dental Nurse.
Closing date: 12 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
13 Feb 2023
29 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The role of a dental nurse is to assist the dentist with all clinical aspects within the surgery.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Always greet and care for all patients in a polite and courteous manner
- Work closely with the dentist in a professional and appropriate manner
- Provide chairside assistance during all dental procedures
- Update computer records and taking notes
- Cleaning surgeries to a high level, maintaining strict cross infection controls
- Preparing instruments and materials during treatments
- Carry out reception and administrative tasks where required
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- The successful candidate must be reliable, organised, computer literate and keen to learn
- You will have a calm, confident and reassuring manner and the ability to relate well to people, including children and those with special needs
- You will have a positive and flexible approach to work
- You must be of a smart and professional appearance at all times, wearing a clean, presentable uniform and have a positive attitude
- Experience is not necessary, however, we are looking for ambitious, hard-working and committed individuals
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English
A great opportunity to secure long term employment with an employer who has a wonderful vision and admirable values in conjunction with continuing with your professional development.
Things to consider
You will be required to have a Hepatitis B injection and pass a DBS check.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer
Almondsbury and Yate Dental Practices are part of the same group, all committed to providing the best quality dental care at a price that you and your family can afford – whether you choose to be treated through the NHS or privately.
We focus on prevention and work to help you keep your teeth and gums healthy for life.
Not many people can honestly say they enjoy going to the dentists, but we certainly aim to make your time with us a positive experience. We pride ourselves on having modern facilities, using the latest technology and employing friendly professional staff to put you at ease, allay any fears and help you feel confident that you are in excellent hands.
We cater for everyone and offer a wide variety of NHS and private treatments to suit your needs.
Almondsbury Dental Practice
Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Swati Singh 01708579902 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dental nurse Level 3 standard:
The Dental Nurse Apprenticeship offers a genuine job in a dental practice with an accompanying assessment and skills development programme. It will develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours of your apprentice to operate competently in all aspects of clinical responsibilities.
It will also provide them with the relevant qualification to apply for professional registration as a Dental Nurse to the General Dental Council (GDC).
What you will study:
- Cross infection
- Oral hygiene
- First aid
- Health and Safety
- Functional Skills if required
You will complete on and off the job training, being fully supported throughout, progressing to gateway and endpoint assessment.
Read more on our website!
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.