Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice ALLSAINTS HAIRDRESSING LTD
Want to become a top stylist? An opportunity has arisen to become part of the team at this prestigious salon based in Oakham. All Saints Hairdressing is looking for a Hair Professional Apprentice to join the team and be part of an ongoing learning experience.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2021
29 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Typical daily tasks of an apprentice will include:
- Cleaning and tidying salon
- Greeting clients
- Making drinks
- Shampooing client's hair
- Advising clients on shampoos, conditioners and treatments (training will be given)
- Assisting and serving stylists and when a certain level of skill and understanding has been gained, the tasks will gradually increase to tasks like applying colours, blow drying, styling etc.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Able to read and write
- Smart and presentable
- A good attitude to work and timekeeping
- Customer focused
- Willing to learn
- GCSE grades D/3 in maths and English or equivalent
- On successful completion of level 2 hairdressing, there may be the opportunity to progress onto level 3 hairdressing and good training programme, plus a chance at progressing to management for the right candidate
Things to consider
- Applicants must have a realistic idea of what it is like to work as an apprentice in the hairdressing industry and must be willing to help out with the less glamorous tasks such as cleaning
- Please be aware that when working as a hairdressing apprentice, part of your daily jobs will be to clean and tidy the salon
- There will be some long periods of activity with little rest
- Applicants also need to ensure that they are willing to work Saturdays and at least one late evening before applying for the position as this is a requirement when working in the hairdressing industry
About the employer
All Saints Hairdressing in Oakham offering hairdressing and other beauty treatment.
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Emma Stead 01788 820132 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Hairdressing standard
- Functional skills in maths and English if required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.