Apprentice Hire Clerk VOLKERRAIL LIMITED
An opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Hire Clerk to join the VolkerRail Plant Department in Scunthorpe. You will work towards a Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 04 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
14 Feb 2022
29 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Commercial Assistant by being responsible for entering purchase orders into a Microsoft Excel based Order Book
- Assist the Assistant Quantity Surveyor and become responsible for the process of confirming Plant off hires and liaise with suppliers and clients where necessary
- Assist the Assistant Quantity Surveyor and Plant Procurement department by becoming responsible for the Plant Commercial damages and losses process
- To assist the Commercial Assistant, Assistant Quantity Surveyors and Quantity Surveyors with other tasks as and when required
Requirements and prospects
- Problem-solving and good interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Good communication and organisational skills
- You will be confident and self-motivated with a pro-active approach
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Good attention to detail
- Committed to equality of opportunity and diversity
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Excellent future prospects for the right candidate upon completion of this apprenticeship.
About the employer
Since entering the construction market in 1935 VolkerRail has become one of the UK’s leading multi-disciplinary railway infrastructure contractors, with over 70 years’ experience in both the heavy and light rail infrastructure sectors.
VolkerRail has a successful track record of delivering projects on the UK's national rail network, working with Network Rail and London Underground, as well as most of the light rail and tram organisations in the UK. We are also one of a few companies to hold a Railway Safety Case and train operators licence - enabling us to operate plant on mainline railways.
Our proud heritage, record of dependable delivery and our relentless focus on safety has earned us a strong reputation as a high-performance company, working in harmony and partnership with our clients and stakeholders.
Our company aim is to stand out from the crowd in everything we do, by exceeding expectations.
MCARTHUR DEAN TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by McArthur Dean Training Ltd
Julie Curtis 01482 307365 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- One to one Tutor/Assessor support
- Weekly classes covering mandatory units, health and safety, equality, and diversity etc.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.