Apprentice Adult Care Worker Walnut Care Limited
We are looking for people who would like to make social care their career. If you're looking to take the first step onto your career journey, our home care training programme has been developed to support all individuals wanting to work in home care, from those who are starting employment to those who have some experience.
Closing date: 18 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
28 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The Home Care Apprentice works alongside experienced home care workers, and will provide care and support for adults living in their own home including:
- Enabling the individual to complete their personal care
- Support with washing and dressing
- Meal preparation and service
- Following the care plan
- Using the smartphone provided to confirm arrival and leaving each visit
- Recording tasks completed and the individual’s feedback digitally and in the service user’s Journal.
- Wearing PPE in line with current guidance
- Reporting back to Team Leader at the end of each day
- Attend regular Team Meetings
Requirements and prospects
- Values are more important to us than skills
- Good communicator
- Willingness to learn
The entry qualifications for the Level 2 (Intermediate) Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship are one GCSE, or equivalents, Grade 2 or above (Old GCSE grade E or above) in English and maths or functional skills Level 1 in English and maths or working toward completing this.
Pay is reviewed regularly with increments payable on progression.
The apprentice will have the opportunity to progress to an Associate Key Worker immediately upon successful completion of the programme. From there a number of career pathways exist with Walnut Care including:
- Key Worker
- Team Leader
The programme provides an ideal foundation for a career in nursing, therapy and social work.
Things to consider
Covid-19 staff safety precautions:
- All staff are provided with PPE in line with current guidance
- Weekly PCR testing is conducted
- Regular updates on Infection Prevention and Control
- Priority vaccination status
Additional benefits - Support with driving lessons; dedicated uniform; smartphone.
About the employer
Walnut Care is a leading provider of home care in Lincolnshire, rated GOOD in all 5 KLOE domains by CQC at our last inspection. We believe that everyone should be valued as an individual, and that includes our team of dedicated care staff as well as our service users.
Our teams of care staff work in a defined locality with small groups of service users so that they can build the relationships which make home care such a fulfilling role.
We offer a unique learning and development journey, where each of our team members can grow as a care professional and develop their skills and knowledge.
Additional location information
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Boston College
The Apprenticeship Team 01205 313238 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Level 2 (Intermediate) Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship is a nationally recognised course involving the use of intermediate adult care working techniques and training, offering you the opportunity to gain hands on industry experience.
During the apprenticeship you will learn to help individuals with their care and support needs and you will assist individuals to have control over their lives through choice and independence.
You will learn about the behaviours expected in the care sector which include:
- Person centred care and values
You will also gain valuable skills which include:
- Effective person-centred skills
- Time management
- Organisation skills
Upon completion of the apprenticeship you will gain the following recognised qualifications:
- QCF Diploma Adult Care – accredited – Pass level
- Care Certificate – non-accredited
The Apprenticeship consists of several elements, which have been identified by employers as an appropriate set of skills to operate in their chosen job role.
These elements are:
- Maths - Level 1 or Level 2 Functional Skills, unless an equivalent qualification has already been achieved
- English - Level 1 or Level 2 Functional Skills, unless an equivalent qualification has already been achieved
- Vocational Element (Knowledge) - most Apprenticeship include off-the-job study for a technical certificate which is usually done at College
- Vocational Element (Competence) - all Apprenticeships include on-the-job training and assessment leading to a competence based vocational qualification
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.