Apprentice Land-Based Service Engineering Technician Stephen Crisp
As an Apprentice Land-Based Service Engineering Technician, you will fix and repair all garden machinery.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 45.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
29 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Within this role as an Apprentice Land- Based Service Engineer, your duties will include:
- Preparation of machinery under the employer's instructions
- Performing routine service and maintenance operations in accordance with the manufacturer's schedule
- Preparation of machinery for repair e.g. dismantling, cleaning and reassembly
- Conducting routine and complex machine operation and systems testing
- Diagnosis and repair of complex faults in machinery, plant and equipment. Completion of machinery condition reports
- Accurate recording and communicating with colleagues and customers using verbal and handwritten methods
Requirements and prospects
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Fault- finding skills
- Good reasoning and practical thinking skills
- Good basic hand skills
- Adequate computer skills
- Committed and strong work ethic
- Excellent timekeeper
- Interested in Agriculture and Engineering
For this BTEC Level 3 Apprenticeship course, applicants will need a total of 4 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade A*-C or 9-4, which includes:
Applicants who are currently undertaking or sitting GCSEs should include their predicted grades on their applications. If successful for this position, you will be offered a conditional place on the Apprenticeship course, subject to you meeting the entry requirements listed above.
Level 3 apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Computers are an essential part of the learning for this Apprenticeship and a requirement of the course is that learners will use laptops to gather evidence and answer knowledge questions for each of the units.
The tasks initially take place under the supervision of a senior technician but you will be working towards utilising your own initiative to customers or on site, in which case work may be taken outdoors.
The nature of the role presents challenges ranging from routine maintenance to the repair. This requires a diverse blend of skills, industry underpinning knowledge and the disciplines required for environmental and safe working practices.
We may require flexible working hours as dictated by seasonal requirements.
You need to be able to get in to work to start at 8:00am. We are a friendly, family- run business and require someone who is open- minded, willing to have a laugh, be polite when dealing with the public and enjoy their job and learning.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We fix and repair all garden machinery and carry out metal work, welding, fabrication, lathe and turning. We try to repair machinery instead of replacing it.
CITY COLLEGE NORWICH
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Norwich City College
City College Norwich (Apprenticeships) 01603 773365 Apprenticeships@ccn.ac.uk
For the full apprenticeship, candidates will complete:
- Level 2 Diploma in Work Based Land Based Service Engineering Operations
- Level 3 Diploma in Work Based Land Based Service Engineering Operations
- If not previously achieved, Level 1-2 in English and Maths
- First Aid
Details can be viewed here: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/land-based-service-engineering-technician/
Land-based service engineer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.