Apprentice Customer Service and Business Administrator R P M Auto Service Centre
This is an exciting opportunity to work for R P M Auto Service Centre undertaking varied office based duties. You will be working with a hardworking and friendly team.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
03 Oct 2021
28 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The role will include various Customer Service and Administration tasks with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship. The role will include some of the following areas:
- General administrative duties including typing correspondence by e-mail and letter
- To undertake filing, faxing, record keeping, photocopying and distribution of relevant documents
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook
- To deal courteously and efficiently with all visitors
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries
- Responsible for co-ordinating the post
- Providing refreshments for visitors when required
- Inputting data onto internal systems with a high level of accuracy
- Dealing with stationary/stock levels and reordering as and when appropriate
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
- Dealing with requests for information
- Ensuring that the policies of the company are observed and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentialit
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions
- Attend and be punctual for all lessons
- Complete all required assignments by the required timeline.
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going during your apprenticeship programme.
- Access support from your tutor/assessor as and when required
- Access support from your manager with regards to any evidence requirements or support as and when required
- Attend all work-based training/support sessions
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
Requirements and prospects
- Somebody who is a good verbal communicator who has a polite, clear and professional telephone manner
- Must have a good level of literacy skills
- IT literate and have a good understanding of Microsoft Packages
- Required to work to deadlines, with good time management
- Good numeracy skills
- Confident in using email and the internet
- The successful candidate will be organised
- Willing to work effectively in the team
- An enthusiastic individual
- Flexible approach to work, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
- Ability to work on own initiative, when required
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual
- Respond positively to the demands of a varied workload
- Friendly and approachable
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development
Grade 4/C or above in maths and English is required (or the equivalents).
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification. There may also be further apprenticeship / other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications.
Things to consider
The occasional Saturday mornings will be worked on a rota system once you have been trained.
There are good transport links - please check cost and time it will take to travel.
Following applying for this vacancy the first stage, after your initial application, will be to attend an interview with Nichola Barnes via Zoom. If you do not attend this interview your application will not progress any further.
For any further information on this vacancy please contact Nichola Barnes at Kirklees College on
Mobile Number: 07788 390025
Apprenticeship Team: email@example.com
NO CONTACT should be made with the employer at this initial stage, the College is more than happy to help you with any queries you may have.
The salary may be negotiable. This will depend on experience.
The salary may also increase after a probationary period, if the budget allows, following successful employment and production of the required work towards achieving the qualifications towards the apprenticeship training programme.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Your employer will allow you time off for study and this will be part of your contract of employment. You should attend all required classes and keep up to date with any set work.
About the employer
A well-established local garage with many long term customers as well as fleet contracts. A team of 5 looking to further expand the workforce due to increasing workload.
R P M Auto Service Centre
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Nichola Barnes 07788 390025 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Customer Service Standard covers the following elements:
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours.
Candidates will provide work based evidence of the duties you are undertaking from the start of the qualification and throughout; the evidence gathered will prove competence will be varied, examples of evidence: letters, emails, administering finance, collate information, report data, customer contact (face to face, electronic and verbal), feedback from peers/customers, reflective accounts, team work, planning and organisation techniques as well as observations by the assessor can be used.
Candidates will attend taught classes that cover the “understanding” elements for the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours; you will attend college one day per week on a Wednesday.
Functional Skills in maths and English Level 1 and 2 will delivered on the same day.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.