Pharmacy Administrator Apprentice Oakwood Pharmacy
The business administrator will assist the pharmacist and handle the day-to-day tasks in a pharmacy and make sure things run smoothly and efficiently, working towards delivering efficient dispensary operations and ensuring profitability is maximised, whilst working towards a Business Administration L3 Apprenticeship.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
28 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Sort and manage invoices and payments
- Order and manage stock levels
- Review daily sale figures and input data into excel spreadsheets
- Assist in the preparation and organisation of promotional events
- Assist staff in managing the pharmacy retail area
- Create and update spreadsheets and databases
- Ensure that the pharmacy environment is welcoming, clean and professional
- Accurately complete financial transactions with customers
- Answer queries on the supply and availability of medicines, where it is within your competence
- Receive stock in accordance with SOPs
- Ensure the safe and appropriate storage of medicines
- Assist with stock control and the maintenance of reasonable stock levels within the retail environment
- Happy to work towards or have completed an accredited MCA training course under the guidance of the pharmacist
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent team working skills
- An ability to respond to medical queries in a sensitive and professional manner
- Experience of working in a retail environment (desirable)
- Experience of handling money and maintaining finance records
- Experience of using Microsoft Excel
- Confident, polite, patient and professional in their manner
- Responsible and reliable
- Eager to learn
- Able to follow instructions
- Have the confidence to ask for help when they do not understand what is required of them
- A warm, friendly and professional attitude towards customers
- 5 GCSEs grade C/4 including English and maths or equivalent
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Additional training to take place at Loughborough College to develop knowledge, skills and behaviours to accordance to this apprenticeship. Please ensure you are able to travel before applying.
Loughborough College has the right to close this vacancy before the end date.
Pharmacy based in Woodhouse Eaves.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Helping to keep you well, we offer all. Normal pharmacy services and more.
Confidential online shopping:
Shop from over 8000 items at Supermarket Beating Prices. Whether you are travelling and need a mosquito net or need nicotine patches at a good price, we have you covered.
Thousands of pages of health advice from the NHS, Pharmacists and Support groups covering every topic.
Our staff stands ready to help you! You are always welcome to call or stop by, too!
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Loughborough College
Hayley Cousins 01509 618019 firstname.lastname@example.org
- L3 Apprenticeship standard in Business Administrator
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
- Knowledge test
- Portfolio based interview
- Project presentation
- 14 sessions delivered at Loughborough (Thurs AM)
- Online portfolio to update with learning and development completed onsite
- Diarised visits from dedicated Trainer/Assessor
- Attendance to Loughborough College for Functional Skills (if required)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.