e-Learning Support Apprentice Woodhouse Primary School
To assist with all aspects of the provision of effective IT systems, including hardware and software.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 33.20
Possible start date
10 Oct 2021
28 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Monitor the electronic IT support system, logging, responding to and prioritising or escalating jobs as necessary
- Assist with the maintenance of the school’s IT infrastructure to ensure the smooth operation of IT systems throughout school
- Assist with the recording of purchases, installations, disposals, warranties and licenses belonging to the school through the maintenance of the IT inventories
- Assist with auditing of IT usage and its impact on learning
- Assist with purchasing of IT equipment and consumables
- Assist with the installation, setting up, testing and rollout of new software, hardware and infrastructure
- Assist with the provision of adequate technical support to run the IT systems efficiently and securely
- Assist with monitoring system backups
- Carry out basic configuration of PCs, printers, photocopiers etc. as necessary
- Administer the creation and deletion of user accounts on the school’s different systems
- Assist with the management of the school’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), phone system (VoIP), WiFi, Email (this list is not exhaustive)
- Assist the e-Learning Resource Manager with the promotion, support and training in the effective use of IT by all staff and other stakeholders
- Maintain the confidentiality of school records relating to staff and learners in line with school policy
- Under the direction of the class teacher, assist groups of pupils in the ICT Suite with their learning
- Under the direction of the class teacher, support individual pupils with learning keyboard skills / touch typing
- Under the direction of the class teacher support the well –being of individuals or groups of pupils
- Under the guidance of the class teacher, occasionally accompany school visits, sporting events or other off-site activities, supervising pupils as appropriate
- Follow the school’s safeguarding policies and procedures
- Attend meetings as required by the Line Manager
- Take part in all CPD activities appropriate to the role
- Support the school’s implementation of all current statutory requirements, e.g. Disability Discrimination Act, Equal Opportunities, Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Take reasonable care of the health and safety of self, other persons and resources whilst at work
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature, as may be determined by the Headteacher from time to time
Requirements and prospects
- Working knowledge of Win 10, MS Office & email
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with staff and pupils at all levels
- Ability to use own initiative and to prioritise
- Ability to think logically & systematically in order to solve problems
- Ability to research and evaluate information to make informed recommendations to managers
GSCE English and Maths grade C+/5 minimum or equivalent qualifications.
To be discussed on completion of apprenticeship. The qualifications and experience gained on this Apprenticeship will allow you to apply for further roles within this sector.
About the employer
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Calderdale College
James Lund 07974587429 firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Communications Technician Level 3.
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.