Apprentice Support Services Administrator Walsall College
Reporting to the Support Services Team Leader within a busy team, you will support the booking of training courses, the management of training records, and the preparation of course material for instructors. The role will also involve wider administrative tasks and supporting other staff members as and when necessary for the role.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2021
£170.94 to £329.67
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
28 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Booking customers onto relevant training courses within the centre through the telephone or through a course booking portal
- Liaising with customers, employers and internal stakeholders
- Deal with telephone and e-mail enquiries taking ownership where necessary and passing onto the relevant person where required
- Producing course programme material in preparation for instructor delivery
- Supporting the department with administrative activities
- Maintaining and recording results through external awarding organisation portals
- Meeting and greeting visitors
- Dealing with internal and external post
- Monitoring and ordering office supplies and provisions
- To contribute to the efficient running of the office by being a part of the team and assisting other staff as and when necessary
- Any other duties reasonably required
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent administrative and organisation skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Must be suitable to work with young people and adults at risk of harm
- Ability to recognise discrimination and be able to demonstrate an awareness of equal opportunities
- Positive attitude
- Use initiative
- Think logically
- Team player
GCSE Grades A*-C/9-4 in English and maths qualifications or equivalent.
Upon completion of this apprenticeship there is a potential full-time position or further training opportunities.
About the employer
Walsall College is an outstanding provider of vocational courses in the West Midlands, supporting young people, adults and local businesses to develop their skills and achieve success. From our vocational (V6) to Higher Education (HI:ED) courses, we are committed to equipping students with the relevant knowledge, skills and experience employers and universities are looking for.
Our apprenticeship and NVQ offer provides employers with skilled and qualified staff that can develop and drive their business forward.
We offer an excellent learning environment with two modern campuses which both boast state of the art facilities and specialist industry equipment.
Students learn from the best and all of our tutors have extensive experience and know their industries inside out.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Walsall College - Wisemore Campus
Samantha Williams 01922 688898
Business Administration Standard Level 3.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.