Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship Redstart Primary School
To work in partnership with staff, parents, carers and their children in promoting the development, welfare and potential of all nursery children ensuring that individual children’s childcare needs are met at all times.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
30 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Providing high quality childcare for children under five, which includes a wide range of activities and opportunities to enable children to achieve their full potential.
- Assist in the provision of a warm caring environment for children and their families, accessible to all.
- Integrate children and parents with disabilities, sensitively and positively into the setting, promoting participation in a range of quality activities.
- Liaise closely with all members of the staff team to ensure childcare provision links to the Early Years Foundation Stage, requiring knowledge and application of this.
- Assist in the provision of a high quality play through planning, effective room organisation and provision of Early Years Resources,
- Support other staff to develop a high quality play environment both indoors and outdoors which meets each child’s individual needs, in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Liaise with parents/carers to highlight the needs of their children and sharing developmental information on a regular basis with other professionals.
- Daily supervision and care of a number of children including taking care of children’s personal needs and encouraging self-help and social skills.
- Laying up for meals, supervision of meals, clearing and cleaning away after meals.
- Assist in ensuring the maintenance of adequate standards of cleanliness and hygiene for children attending the setting.
- Have an overall knowledge of, and provide a service which values and respects; the race, religion, language, culture and needs of all the children and families using the provision.
- To be aware and work within the Health and Safety framework, policies, procedures, guidelines and legislation to include fire drills.
- To provide flexibility in covering and care at short notice in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
Requirements and prospects
- To work well with other team members
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective organisational skills
- Good numeracy and literacy
- Good time management
- The ability to observe and monitor progress and maintain records
- Good keyboard and ICT skills
- The ability to assist with the organisation of the learning environment
- Friendly, kind and caring nature
- Hard working
- A keen interest in working with children and a dedication to carrying out an apprenticeship
- To have initiative and to carry out tasks without being asked
- Follow instructions given and to complete tasks
- To keep on top of college work
- To arrive punctually to work
- GCSE's in maths and English grade 4 and above (C and above) or equivalent
Fully qualified and will be able to apply for a permanent role if available.
About the employer
The Redstart Primary School is situated in Chard, a small town in South Somerset between Dorset and Devon.
The Redstart Primary School is a 2 form entry primary school with a large nursery offering 32 full time equivalent places. Our school offers a range of modern, purpose built facilities and a superb outdoor environment where we deliver high quality Forest School and PE sessions. Our 14 classes are organised in year groups with parallel class teachers working together to plan and deliver high quality teaching and learning opportunities to all of our pupils. Our exciting curriculum has been designed to meet the needs of all of our pupils and to equip them with the skills to contribute to life in the 21st century. For more details on our curriculum please click here. All visitors comment on the calm, purposeful atmosphere that pervades our classrooms and the high standards of behaviour of our children at all times, both indoors and outside, as well as on our frequent trips and visits out.
RICHARD HUISH COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Richard Huish College
Jo Mellor 01823 424603 firstname.lastname@example.org
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
- Functional skills in maths & English (Level 2) (if required)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.