Nursery Assistant Apprentice Castle Hill Village Nursery
Working in a large nursery, attached to a school, to provide high quality care and education for children aged between 4 months and 4 years. You would be part of a large and experienced team involved in the planning and delivery of daily activities for these children.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
25 Oct 2021
28 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Joining a team of highly motivated and excellent practitioners you will be given full training and support to carry out the duties and responsibilities for this role to include:
- Undertake day to day duties to ensure high standards of care, cleanliness and hygiene are maintained
- Adhere to the Nursery’s policies and procedures to ensure that high standards are maintained with in the Nursery
- Establish informal relationships with parents / carers of the children to ensure they are engaged in the child’s education and development
- Support the work of the Nursery Manager / Supervisor in to ensure that children have access to a suitable curriculum that enables children to achieve their early learning goals
- Assist other staff with the assessment procedures to ensure children’s progress is satisfactory by listening, observing and contributing to discussions as required
- Maintain a recording system for individual children, which enables effective storage and retrieval of information which can be shared with parents and other professionals and agencies, being aware of the confidentiality of the information contained therein
- Be aware of policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety, security and confidentiality reporting all concerns to the Supervisor to ensure children’s wellbeing
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to relate/empathise with young children
- Strong communication
- Good standard of English
- Team player
- Good learner
- Patient and caring disposition
- Willingness to undertake all tasks and most important being of a positive disposition
- GCSE’s / equivalent level 2 qualifications – preferably in some subjects with a childcare element
- Good standard of literacy (some flexibility)
- Strong possibility of a successful candidate being offered a position once the apprenticeship is successfully completed
Things to consider
- The job does involve planning and paperwork so candidate must be able to manage this
- Ability to complete online assessments is also important
- The job is all year round NOT term time only
About the employer
The nursery is Ofsted graded Outstanding, owned and operated by Castle Hill Community Primary School. It caters for up to 80 children every day and is open for 49 weeks per year from 8am to 6pm. There are currently 20 members of staff in three different rooms which are divided by age.
SEAC RECRUITMENT SERVICES LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South East Apprenticeship Company
Jay Brewer-Kaliszewski firstname.lastname@example.org
Intermediate Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship, including:
- Training to develop the occupation standard’s knowledge, skills and behaviours related to the role (KSBs).
- TKUK Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner.
- Level 1 English and math’s functional skills if required.
- Training towards mandated qualifications.
- Compiling a portfolio of evidence.
- End Point assessment
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.