Cloud Infrastructure Support Apprentice Dynamics Consultants Ltd
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Cloud Infrastructure Support Junior with Dynamics Consultants Ltd based in Southampton, Hampshire.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2021
28 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As a Cloud Infrastructure Support Junior, at first you will be working with a colleague (your buddy) who will assist you in your day to days tasks. As you become more familiar with the role, you will start to work more independently. You will perform a key function within the Support Department, with specific focus on the build, support, and maintenance of the underlying infrastructure for both internal systems and those of our customers. You will assist with the builds and operation of internal and cloud-based servers, storage and network platforms.
In addition to the apprenticeship training, extensive on the job training and a training plan will be provided so that as a Cloud Infrastructure Support Junior you will be able to carry out your duties and responsibilities. The successful candidate will also be supported by the company mentoring and buddying scheme, with access to training programs and a career development programme to further develop your skills and plan your future.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Day to day management and support of the internal and Azure IT infrastructure
- Installation and setup of Microsoft Dynamics NAV/Business Central Middle Tier Application Servers - both internally and externally for customers
- Complete server updates, checking RAM allocation levels
- SQL Server Setup/Admin/Support (on prem and Azure) - including restoring SQL database backups
- Troubleshoot and solve a wide variety of technical challenges in customer’s IT networks, at Server and Network levels, within agreed service levels, often multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Managing customer databases
- Cutting and uploading licenses
- Supporting internal and customer implementations
- Applying hotfixes
- Maintain hardware and inventory
Conduct initial troubleshooting/investigation and update Incidents with relevant findings to resolve issues
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT skills
- Good office skills
- Logical mindset
- Methodical approach
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A keen attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Good timekeeping
- Ability to multi-task
- Be able to work as part of a team and independently
The ideal candidate should have a passion for new technology, a keen interest in IT, enthusiasm for learning and a desire to provide a professional and customer focussed service.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and maths)
- Educated to A-level or higher
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position. Thereafter, as a growing company, there are plenty of opportunities abound for the ideal candidate.
About the employer
Dynamics Consultants Ltd is a dedicated, hardworking and fun-loving team of professionals specialising in the implementation, development and support of contemporary Microsoft business software solutions. With over 300 years of collective experience, we’re all about building business partnerships for our future together. These extend throughout our business — to our customers, our suppliers, and of course, you. We’re looking for a bright, enthusiastic and ambitious individual to help strengthen our experienced team.
Dynamics Consultants Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Josh Ankers 01133 500 333 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Level 3 (A level)