Sales Support IT Apprentice Omsuk Ltd
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Sales Support IT Apprentice with OMSUK a IT Managed service provider based in Oxford Leicester and Bradford.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2021
28 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
General duties will be to work as part of a team answering calls and emails from clients on our Services board in response to problems and questions they will have and provide good technical knowledge in fixing and resolving problems. You will also have a keen appetite to be able to spot sales opportunities, that would help and assist the client in the running of their businesses, i.e. recommending online backup, anti-virus + ‘other’ services that we offer as a firm, to ensure the client saves time, becomes more efficient etc.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Prompt Daily updates of the Job ticket board
- Answering the phone
- Promptly Replying to clients via a portal that logs tickets for each Job they log
- Checking backups are running to cloud servers
- Learning when needed to fix and replace hardware
- Spotting opportunities to add extra services to clients that they do not have with OMS
- Opportunity to progress to onsite work when required for install of new equipment and cabling of network equipment
Requirements and prospects
- Working knowledge of Windows and Mac OS and having an interest in IT and technology
- Someone who is a quick learner
- Has good communication skills both verbal and written
Polity, outgoing, problem solver, ambitious and will go the extra mile when needed...the most important of these, is that you actually care about solving issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent including English Language and maths
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Desirable: Committed to undertaking the apprenticeship course for the full term and actively participate in the training provided by both the Academy and our training provider.
About the employer
OMSUK Ltd have been trading for over 25 years mainly in the Apple computers IT support sector industry. With a dynamic changing industry OMS moved from being just and Apple Authorised reseller and Apple Authorised Service Provider to a fully-fledged Managed Services and Managed IT solutions provider 10 Years ago. This now means we support a variety of clients both Mac and PC with support contracts for large multinationals down to SME and home users.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Lauren Fletcher 01133 500 333 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Estio Training programme gives people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Technical Expert who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 IT Solutions Technician Certificate with training in areas such as:
- BCS Security and Legislation
- BCS Core Technologies
- BCS Methodologies and Principles
- Hardware or Software Option
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.