Apprentice Wood Machinist CHARLES YORKE LIMITED
Join our busy bespoke furniture making team, learning all the skills required to make beautiful furniture. Learn to cut and machine hardwood timber and composite sheet materials to a specific size and shape as per detailed specification, reading AutoCAD drawings and cut sheets.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
07 Oct 2021
28 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
To cut and machine hardwood timber and composite sheet materials to a specific size and shape as per detailed specification, reading AutoCAD drawings and cut sheets.
- Waste management
- Operating various traditional and CNC controlled wood working machinery
- Producing dovetailed drawer boxes, 5 piece doors, mason’s mitred cabinet front frames
- Saw and cutter changing
- Manual handling of timbers and sheet materials
To undertake any other duties that may be required at any time
- To comply with COSHH and Health and safety regulations at all times
- To ensure products are of a high quality finish at all times
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
The employer reserves the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the published closing date.
Requirements and prospects
- Confidence meeting/speaking to new people and conversing with ease
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Smart professional appearance
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Genuine interest in the sector
- GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 8 to grade 4
Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment.
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance
- Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work
- You must work with your specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled
About the employer
Charles Yorke combine traditional cabinet making techniques with modern technology to create inspiring furniture from the very traditional through to the contemporary. Using the finest materials and finishes, every piece is individually designed and made for each of our clients.
CHARLES YORKE LIMITED
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Lee Speed 01623 627 191 email@example.com
- Wood Product Manufacturing Operative Level 2 standard
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment, you may be required to complete maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion, you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy, please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Wood product manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.