Apprentice Dental Nurse NHS Dentist
An exciting opportunity has become available for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join a dental practice, using the very latest methods and equipment. The successful applicant will join a team undergoing constant training to ensure they maintain their position of providing excellence for both cosmetic and general dentistry.
Closing date: 03 Jan 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
04 Jan 2023
25 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
An exciting opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic, career driven and determined Apprentice Dental Nurse to join an award winning Dental Practice.
You will be working closely with a well-established team, the successful candidate will develop the basic skills to begin and develop their career as a Dental Nurse.
The roles and responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- To carry out high quality dental nursing to assist each Dentist and Hygienist in all their dental procedures in a safe and effective manner
- To ensure that all cross- infection procedures are carried out in all the work undertaken by the practice and to immediately report any breach of such controls or any example of bad practice
- To assist with reception or any clerical duties as required
- Assisting the Dentists and Hygienists with dental procedures
- Sterilising and performing cross-infection controls after each patient
- Setting-up and preparing the surgery before the start of each clinical session
- Ensure that the dental surgery operates efficiently, is fully stocked and equipped, and that the operating environment for the dentist is as efficient as possible
- Help provide a comfortable, attractive, clean and uncluttered environment for the patients
- Maintain correct uniform and a professional manner and appearance
- Deal competently and safely with hazardous or toxic waste or materials
- Be flexible with hours of work in the case of a dental emergency
- Greet patients at door and escort to and from the surgery
- Make appointments for patients in person or by telephone for the dentist and hygienist
- These are only some of the duties others will also be given
Requirements and prospects
- Good communicator and listener
- Attention to detail and methodical
- Computer literate with a good level of experience across the Microsoft Office Suite
- Hard working
- Well presented
- Able to use own common sense and initiative
- Minimum GCSE (or equivalent) grade C/4 or in English, maths, and science
A great opportunity to secure long term employment with an employer whom has a wonderful vision and admirable values in conjunction with continuing with your professional development.
About the employer
NHS Dentist was established in February 1999 from nothing. We have now over 110 000 patients registered with us. All of whom came to us through recommendations from friends, family and online reviews. According to our patients we have the friendliest and best customer service available. We are so proud of this that we’re not afraid to guarantee it. Be assured that if you are not utterly satisfied for any reason we will do everything in our power to fix the problem, all you need to do is let us know within 24 hours of your visit.
Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Swati Singh 01708579902 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Dental Nurse apprenticeship offers a genuine job in a Dental Practice with an accompanying assessment and skills development programme.
It will develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours of your apprentice to operate competently in all aspects of clinical responsibilities.
It will also provide them with the relevant qualification to apply for professional registration as a Dental Nurse to the General Dental Council (GDC).
What you will study:
- Cross Infection
- Oral Hygiene
- First Aid
- Health & Safety
- Functional skills if needed
You will complete on and off the job training whilst being fully supported throughout, progressing to gateway and end point assessment.
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.