Technical Apprentice Sales Thermex Ltd
Supporting Sales Manager with advising customers on Thermex products. Learning about the Engineering side of the organisation and the products produced.
Closing date: 25 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Nov 2021
28 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Supporting the sales manager with customer enquiries
- Assisting with and following up quotes
- Sourcing new business
- Gaining knowledge of the products produced, how they are made, how they are used
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work as part of a team as well as use your own initiative
- Enjoy working with hands on the manual equipment
- Enjoy working practically
- Have a high attention to detail
- Ability to visualise 2D to 3D
- Good level of mathematics with a lean towards geometrical principles
- Good communication skills
The ideal candidate will be:
- Natural problem solver
- Excellent time keeping
- Passionate and willing to learn
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Be enthusiastic about the engineering industry
- Ability to think for yourself
A minimum of Grade 4/C or equivalent in maths and English.
A full-time position once they have successfully completed the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Please research the location of LEMA Academy as well as the location of the employer to ensure that you can travel to both locations.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Thermex are UK based manufacturers of heat exchangers, providing reliable and cost-effective cooling products since 1979. A heat exchanger is an important part of any equipment that produces waste heat such as engines, generators, and hydraulic power packs, therefore it is essential that the best heat exchanger design is selected to ensure reliability and longevity of your equipment. Over the years, Thermex has developed into one of the world's leading heat exchanger manufacturers, with ISO 9001:2015 certification and a UK manufacturing plant.
Thermex have been manufacturing Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers since 1979, but in more recent years we have added Air Cooled and Brazed Plate Heat Exchangers to our range. More information about these products can be found on the menus above.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by LEMA
Linda Hall +447896482556 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Engineering Technician Level 3
- Functional Skills if required
Internal training with constant supervision given. Full training and support. External trainer conducts onsite training in H&S and Risk assessments.
You will be required to attend LEMA Academy for 1 day a week and occasional block weeks. During this time, you will complete your Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering on a Technical Support Technician Engineering Apprenticeship.
- During this time, you will complete your Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering on a Technical Support Technician Engineering Apprenticeship
- You will be required to attend LEMA Academy for 1 day a week and occasional block weeks
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.