Apprentice Engineering Technician Tetrosyl Ltd
Electricians install, maintain and repair electrical systems in industrial, commercial, and domestic environments. Electricians might work in both indoor and outdoor settings.
Closing date: 20 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 42.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
21 Sep 2021
28 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Electricians install, maintain and repair electrical systems in industrial, commercial, and domestic environments. Electricians might work in both indoor and outdoor settings. Electrical equipment and systems may include switchboards, motors, cables, fuses, thermal relays, fault current protection switches, heating, lighting, air conditioning and metering equipment as well as crime and fire alarm systems and renewable energy technologies.
They are able to work on their own proficiently and work without immediate supervision in the most efficient and economical manner. They may contribute to the design of electrical systems. They are able to set out jobs from drawings and specifications and requisition the necessary installation materials.
Electrical safety is an important area of Electricians’ work. On completion of their work the electrical systems must be safe to use. They must adhere to safe working practices without endangering themselves or others.
Installation Electricians work on the installation, testing, commissioning, and maintenance of low voltage (less than 1000v) electrical and electronic devices and appliances.
Maintenance Electricians work on the maintenance of electrical and electronic installations including automated production systems.
Duties will include:
- The supervision of the equipment, its maintenance, and necessary repairs
- Must adhere to safe working practices without endangering self or others#
- Learn to set out jobs from drawings and specifications and requisition the necessary installation materials
- Electrical safety is an important area to understand and on completion of work the electrical systems must be safe to use
- Accept, allocate and supervise technical and other tasks
- Accept responsibility for the work of themselves and others
- Work reliably and effectively without close supervision
- Maintain and enhance competence in own area
- Use oral, written, and electronic methods for the communication of technical and other information
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
4 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent), including maths, English, and a science/Technical qualification.
Full support to move into more senior positions.
About the employer
Tetrosyl Limited is the largest manufacturer and supplier of car care products in Europe and is the UK’s biggest independent oil blender extending its global reach to 100 countries.
Tetrosyl leads the way in brand management with a fine blend of innovation, technology and design to bring the biggest retail brands in the industry to car care, automotive and home care markets.
ROCHDALE TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Rochdale Training Association
Nathan Finn 01706631417 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- NVQ Level 3 Engineering Technician (Standard)
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills (if required)
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities
- Pastoral Care Courses such as Safeguarding and Equality & Diversity
- Off the job training
- Personal Learning and Thinking skills
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.