Apprentice Sheetfed/Web Printer Go Inspire Group Ltd
Candidates will have access to a wealth of experience. You will acquire the fundamentals of print from a basic level to the more advanced using computerised systems while gaining essential mechanical skills. The course has the added benefit of developing an individual’s Problem Solving, Communication, Personal Organisation and working to Deadlines.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
25 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Be able to follow works instructions
- Understand fully your role and responsibility
- Interact well with your team members
- Be able to multi-task when required
- Understanding the importance of working to deadlines
- Learn business Health & Safety procedures
- Learn the mechanics of the printing press
- Learn the software operating systems
- Understand Colour Management
- Learn about Paper types and how they interact with the printing press
- Understand printing processes between Sheetfed and Web offset printing
- Learn the ISO Quality Procedures
- Learn Kodak Prosper variable data system
- Understand what Press consumables are required, chemicals, parts, belts, rollers etc.
- Learn about COSHH Risk Assessment
- Understand basics of Prepress and how it plays a key role in the printing process
- Learn business Technique MIS system
- Learn to carry out Maintenance as part of a weekly schedule
- Stock control, monthly checklist to complete and email to Manager
- 6s Understanding & implementation
- Housekeeping duties
- Basic pre-make ready duties
- Plate bending and preparation
Requirements and prospects
- Ideally computer literate
- Good communicator
- Willing to learn
- Mechanically minded
- Can work under pressure
- Have good organisational skills
- Be methodical in your approach to tasks
Candidates will require a can-do attitude, willing to have a go and not be afraid to try new things. Will require enthusiasm for the job role and be self-motivated, also being a team player is essential.
- GCSE English grades B or C/6 to 4 or equivalent
- GCSE maths grades B or C/6 to 4 or equivalent
Upon completion of the apprenticeship if successful a full time position would be available. Also as part of our succession plan the future of the business relies on the next generation of Supervisors/Managers and that could be you.
Things to consider
Vacancy will close early if the right candidate is found - apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please note you may be contacted via e-mail for interview.
From April 1st 2021 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship.
For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
About the employer
Go Inspire is the UK’s leading Marketing & Performance partner with customers such as Tesco, Waitrose, Sky, BT and Lakeland who trust us to deliver their loyalty schemes as well as mailing and marketing solutions to millions of their customers, every day. Our innovation workshops and innovative direct mail concepts are the driving force behind huge campaigns.
British Printing Industries Federation
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by British Printing Industries Federation
Sam Greenwell 01676 526030 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Print Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional English/Maths skills where required
- Off-the-Job Training
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.