Apprentice Teaching Assistant THE BOSTON WITHAM ACADEMIES FEDERATION
Train to become a Level 3 Teaching Assistant at Wygate Park Academy, part of the Boston Witham Academies Federation (currently re-branding as Voyage Education Partnership). You will be supporting pupils ranging from 4-11 years in this modern mainstream primary school, whilst helping them to reach their full potential.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.50
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
25 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
During this apprenticeship you will develop your skills to fulfil the following role:
To work with individual children having special or particular needs, in accordance with the child’s Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) where appropriate and or groups of children as directed.
To provide support to the Headteacher or Teacher across a range of child-centred activities to promote child development and learning. To take responsibility for some specific tasks.
Main responsibilities will include:
- To meet the expectations of the National Professional Standards for Teaching Assistants
- Contribute to the development of Pupil Profiles and Learning Plans
- Liaise with teaching staff to prepare and deliver work programmes for groups or individual pupils
- Assess identified pupils in and out of the classroom
- Be responsible for specialist equipment
- Monitor children’s needs reporting these to a designated person. Keep records as required by the school. Have familiarity with all relevant EHCP specific to the child
- Promote development and learning (physical, emotional, educational, social), foster growth, self-esteem, and independence. Observe and record development. Support those children with special needs
- Carry out reasonable personal care and hygiene duties and administer basic first aid. Assist with the movement of children in and around the school
- Act in accordance with academy policies and procedures and relevant legislation, particularly in relation to child protection and behaviour management
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, both to internal and external customers
- Demonstrate a commitment to equality
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and relate well to both children and adults
- Experience of working with children, perhaps as a parent or voluntary worker
- An empathy with pupils and their needs
- A mature outlook
- Flexible and able to prioritise work
- Smart and clean appearance
The entry qualifications for the Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship are five GCSEs at grades 4 or above (Old GCSE grade C or above), including English and maths or equivalent qualifications.
You could progress on to a career as a Teaching Assistant, Cover Supervisor, Higher Level Teaching Assistant.
Progression onto a Foundation degree such as Learning Support/SEND. Leading to Full degree e.g. BA Hons, Graduate Teacher Programme, Post Graduate Certificate in Education.
Things to consider
- The successful applicant will be subject to a full DBS check
- Please ensure to include all of your qualifications including any predicted grades on your application
- Due to high numbers of applications, we may close this vacancy sooner than the specified closing date, therefore early applications are encouraged to avoid disappointment
About the employer
Wygate Park Academy is a primary academy in the heart of the Wygate Park community of Spalding. We pride ourselves on working in partnership with parents, carers and the community to offer a comprehensive, broad and flexible curriculum to children of all abilities.
We place great emphasis on providing a caring environment for our children, supporting them in their personal development meeting all their needs, as well as ensuring that each and every child reaches and often exceeds their academic potential.
Wygate Park Academy is part of Voyage Education Partnership, formerly known as The Boston Witham Academies Federation.
Additional location information
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Boston College
The Apprenticeships Team 01205 313238 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Level 3 (Advanced) Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship will provide you with an in depth understanding of the knowledge and skills needed to work directly with children and young people in school and college environments.
You will cover all aspects of specialist support, including planning, delivering, and reviewing assessment strategies to support learning alongside the teacher. Bilingual support; special needs support, personal development, and reflective practice.
As a Teaching Assistant Apprentice you will be employed in a School setting for four and a half days per week gaining practical industry expertise whilst you carry out the role.
You will attend college for half a day per week, during this time you will attend workshops delivered by industry trained staff which will enable you to carry out the written work to complete your qualification and you will be supported to reach the pathway to end point assessment to achieve the standard.
You will be assessed through a range of methods including, observations, written assignments, product evidence, reflections, and a professional discussion.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.