Engineering Maintenance and Installation Apprentice Pomphrey & Sons Ltd
Working for a family run business you will become a skilled Engineer in the Garage Equipment Industry. You will work towards a Level 2 Engineering Operative apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
28 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Main duties will include:
- As an Apprentice at Pomphrey and Sons you will hone your skills in Engineering and Maintenance of all types of equipment, to become a highly skilled Engineer
- The successful candidates will work in the maintenance/service department of Pomphrey and Sons, maintaining, servicing and repairing of all the equipment supplied and used by our customers
- When starting out you will learn the business and carry out tasks such as; steam cleaning of equipment, the tidying of the workshop, the spray painting of the repaired equipment
- You will then progress onto helping the skilled engineers out
- This will be by stripping equipment down, turning, welding and milling
- Once you have a good skill set you will help the service engineers on site, to help install pipework, lifts, air compressor and to repair all types of workshop garage equipment
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills - able to work and communicate well with clients at their premises
- Good practical skills
- Willingness to constantly learn
- Honest and reliable
- Calm and confident nature
- Work well with colleagues at all levels
- Able to work flexible working hours
- Able to work to customer requirements i.e. early starts and late finish
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
To become a skilled engineer within the Maintenance and Service team of Pomphrey and Sons Ltd.
Things to consider
Full PPE and work wear will be supplied.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Welcome to Pomphrey & Sons Ltd. We have over 50 years' experience in servicing the garage equipment industry. We can offer the most competitive prices for all new and used garage equipment.
We have a huge stock of fully reconditioned Equipment available. Phone us on 0117 9556133 for more information 50 Years and still growing.
We have grown on our reputation from humble beginnings to one of the biggest independent Garage Equipment Companies in the Country.
We pride ourselves by calling our service "The One Stop Garage Equipment Company".
Three Generations of the Family:
P.N.H.Pomphrey started the company in 1957 he was joined in the nineteen seventies by sons Philip and Nigel the current directors. And in 2004 Philip's son Oliver also joined the company.
We are truly a family business and we hold family values in the way we run our company. We try very hard to give the level of service we would all expect and offering the best prices we can. We operate a fleet of fully equipped service vans to carry out repairs to Vehicle lifts, Air Compressors, M.O.T bays and Airline installations. We also offer a total preventive maintenance packages to all on site equipment and M.O.T calibrations.
CITY OF BRISTOL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City of Bristol College
City of Bristol College 0117 3125250
Level 2 Engineering Operative apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- NVQ Level 2 Diploma Engineering Maintenance (Mechanical Pathway)
- Technical Certificate (level 2, Btec Mechanical engineering) at City of Bristol College Advanced Engineering Centre Parkway Bristol
- Employee Rights & Responsibilities (ERR)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.