Apprentice Adult Care Worker Haven Care (Wirral) Limited
You will be working out within the community across the Wirral, helping support individuals within their own homes. You will provide a high standard of care with help and training from Haven Care. You do not need any previous experience as all training will be given
Closing date: 31 Jan 2023
£168.35 to £332.50
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
06 Feb 2023
25 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Responsibilities will include:
- To provide and maintain a high standard of personal care for each client which may include: Intimate care, hygiene, and physical wellbeing
- To adhere to each client’s agreed individualised care plan
- Follow all policies and procedures as set by Haven Care’s Reporting policy and procedures
- To strictly adhere to Haven Care’s Safeguarding of Adults Policy
- To ensure you are familiar with and follow all of the Haven Care policies and procedures
- To provide support and to enable clients with their daily living skills as required, whilst respecting an individual’s right to dignity, privacy, and choice
- To provide a safe environment for clients whilst maintaining high standards of personal and domestic hygiene, following Haven Care’s Infection Control policy.
- To carry a company Identity badge at all times
- To wear a company uniform and use company personal protective clothing (PPE) were applicable according to the companies policy and procedures
- To adhere to Haven Care’s confidentiality policy
Requirements and prospects
- Basic Literacy and Numeracy skills
- Effective verbal and listening skills
- Time management skills
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- To be able to work alone confidentially *subject to completion training/shadowing
- Able to work as part of a team
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Be consistent and fair
- Be compassionate and understanding
- Be flexible, adaptable, and able to work effectively in a variety of settings
- Respect cultural differences
- Work effectively as a member of a team
- Punctual and reliable
No previous qualifications are required however it will help with your staff training and development if you have already gained your GCSEs (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Progression onto a L3 Lead Adult Care Worker and become a Care Co-ordinator.
Things to consider
Working weekends and over the Christmas period.
Clean UK driving licence (due to the nature of the role).
About the employer
Haven Care Wirral Limited is a domiciliary care agency providing care and support for people in their own homes. The agency office is based in Heswall, Wirral. The agency currently looks after over 100 people with a variety of needs.
Haven Care (Wirral) Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Dawn Hodge Associates Ltd
Jules Westbrook Jules.Westbrook@dhassociates.co.uk
Level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
DHA will be the training provider who will deliver the qualification to you. You can meet with your trainer on a one to one basis, tutorials will be delivered, and work will be set.
You must submit work on a monthly basis and meet with your trainer. You will also be completing your functional skills along with completing the diploma and also be involved in an end point assessment.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.