Junior Content Producer Apprentice Middlesbrough College
Middlesbrough College are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join their team as a Junior Content Producer. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 apprenticeship.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
17 Oct 2021
25 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- The role is full time (37 hours), fixed term for 21 months
- We have an exciting opportunity to join us as a Level 3 Junior Content Producer Apprentice fixed-term for 21 months
- The Junior Content Producer Apprentice will report directly to the Head of Digital Curriculum
- They will be responsible for facilitating the creation of digital content for the Digital Curriculum department with the goal of maximising engagement in programmes delivered wholly or partially online
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Pleasant and competent telephone manner
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good IT and typing skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to learn and teach new systems/equipment
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as individually
- Maintain a high standard of work at all times
- Ability to follow instructions accurately
- Ability to adhere to and apply strict rules of confidentiality
- To be flexible and a genuine willingness to undertake any tasks which could reasonably be expected of someone in this capacity
- Excellent IT skills
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work flexibly under pressure
- Minimum Level 3 or equivalent professional qualification in a subject relevant to learning technologies
- English at GCSE Grade C/4 or above essential
- Maths at GCSE Grade C/4 preferred (will work towards if not achieved)
- A passion for creating content for creative and digital media
- The ability to capture images and audio using basic video, still cameras and audio equipment
- Use industry standard packages to edit and post produce content
- Experience of effectively using a VLE (preferably Canvas) and/or other forms of online learning
- Experience of website design and creation using HTML and/or other development tools
- Experience of working in a busy customer care oriented or educational environment
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above in English and Maths or equivalent.
The Level 3 Apprenticeship in Content Producing is an advanced level of Digital curriculum meaning apprentices can progress to a wide range of careers in the content producer sector.
Things to consider
This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment. Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships.
Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship. For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills. Please note; if you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview. Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days. Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed.
Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Whether you’re finishing school and wanting to progress into full time education, keen to earn while you learn as an apprentice, or thinking about returning to college after time out, Middlesbrough College is the place for you.
We are a fully inclusive college that services a vibrant, multicultural local community, and are proud to be part of the Collab Group, a cluster of elite colleges across the country that are helping to shape the future skills agenda and create a network of excellence.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
- Level 3 qualification in Junior Content Producer
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (where required)
- Day release class
Junior content producer
Level 3 (A level)