Apprentice Butcher Bramptons Ltd
We are looking to build our team from within and train an apprentice to be an integral part of the business. The apprentice will be taught every aspect of butchery and in addition to learning in the workplace will attend Plumpton College Butchery Department one day every other week to complete the apprenticeship.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
25 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Butcher all species of meat
- Bone, roll, dice, slice meat
- Produce orders to customer specifications
- Meet time deadlines
- Make sausages and other value-added products
- Maintain high standards of food hygiene and personal cleanliness
- Work as part of a team
- Communicate with other members of the team.
- Be capable of the very best customer service.
Requirements and prospects
- Some manual dexterity
- An ability to communicate
- Good health (some lifting)
- Able to accept and use training
- Ability to teamwork
- Follow directions
- Willingness to learn
- Good personal hygiene
- An interest in food and the completion of a task to a high standard
- Maths and English GCSE’s, or equivalent, grade 3/D or above are helpful but not essential as support will be given in these subjects
- We are looking to build our team from within and train an apprentice to be an integral part of the business
- We support promotion from within for the right person and it is the ‘right’ person that we want to employ
- Butchery is a good, well paid career with great opportunities
- There is a shortage of butchers at present and a good butcher will never be without a job
Things to consider
- This vacancy is located in Brighton
- In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to travel to the Plumpton College Butchery Department for one day every other week
- We enjoy a hardworking positive atmosphere where people come first
- Our team, practice and maintain the highest personal and professional standards to ensure our business continues as one of the best butchers in the area
- Staff meat allowance
- Free tea and coffee
- Uniform and PPE provided
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Bramptons is a traditional butchers that has been trading on the same site since 1873. We have been Sussex Butcher of the Year twice and have been nominated again for the 2017 Award. We pride ourselves in the fact that all our meat is free range and sourced from Sussex farmers. The shop is located on St Georges Road in the heart of Kemp Town, Brighton, where there are many other specialised shops.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Plumpton College
Alice Hutchinson 01273 892127 firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy is an opportunity for an apprentice to learn butchery and the associated skills needed to be a modern butcher.
The apprenticeship is completed in partnership with Plumpton College’s highly regarded Butchery Apprenticeship Department, where the successful applicants will embark on a Level 2 This Butchery Apprenticeship, lasts between 12 and 18 months. The course includes all aspects of modern butchery together with additional qualifications in food hygiene and health and safety. The course concludes with an assessment in skills and knowledge before the apprenticeship qualification is awarded.
Apprentices spend 20% of their time being trained, mentored and taught in both the workplace and at college. Where necessary, the training includes helping students achieve competency in maths and English.
Here at Bramptons, we enjoy a hardworking positive atmosphere where people come first. Our team practice and maintain the highest personal and professional standards to ensure our business continues as a premier butchery outlet.
Apprentices will achieve Level 2 Food Safety Award, Level 2 Health & Safety in the Food Supply Chain Award, and Level 2 Knife Skills Award prior to taking the end-point assessment.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.