Butchery Apprentice Tolly & Sons Ltd
Our aim is to train someone in the skills of butchery to a very high standard this would include fresh beef, lamb, poultry, pork and game. Training would be of a wide variety of cuts of meat and poultry from carcass to individual cuts. We also have a large manufacturing base and machinery making our own burgers, sausages and kebabs.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
25 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The job role will include the following duties:
- Receiving deliveries, inspecting, and storage of the goods
- Prepare and place meat and delicatessen foods on display in the serve over counters, so they appear attractive and displayed to the company standard to attract customers
- Prepare cuts of meats and foods that have been ordered by customers
- Cleaning the preparation and display areas that are used to maintain a safe and hygienic working environment
- To work as part of a close team to ensure the company’s vision is met
Requirements and prospects
- Team player
- Excellent customer service
- Flexible approach to learning
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Passionate about fine foods and cooking
- Commitment to work hard and complete your training
- Good work ethic
- Polite and professional manner
No qualificaitions required as all training will be provided throughout your apprenticeship programme, however a good level of maths and english is an advantage.
We are hoping for long term employment relationship after completion of the apprenticeship with good salary and pension options.
Things to consider
- There will be some heavy weight lifting
- Working in a chilled environment
- Active for long periods of time
- Working in a busy environment
- Ability to handle meat is essential to the role as is using a knife and other equipment safely
About the employer
Tolly & Sons are looking for a hard working, reliable, friendly, honest individual to join our enthusiastic team.
We are a family run business serving the general public in the retail sector with an open fronted retail shop positioned on a small parade of shops within a private estate. We also have a catering arm to the business supplying local restaurants, hotels and golf clubs. We also provide some outside catering in the form of mainly barbecues and hog roasts although this is a small part of the overall business.
CROSBY MANAGEMENT TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Crosby Management Training Ltd
Samantha Edwards 01902 837452 firstname.lastname@example.org
Training will include; Level 2 in Butchery, health and safety within the work place, food hygiene, Control of substances hazardous to health - COSHH, Hazard analysis and critical control points - HACCP.
You will complete your Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths & English if you aren't exempt.
Level 2 (GCSE)