Machining Operative Apprentice ADVANCED ENGINEERING TECHNIQUES LIMITED
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an apprentice to join a well-established team, working alongside experienced and supportive colleagues who will provide ongoing training and guidance throughout the apprenticeship. For the right candidate a full time position at the end of the apprenticeship will become available.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
25 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
AET are looking to appoint an apprentice to work within their busy machine shop which currently consists of over 50 employees.
As a machining operative you will be responsible for the following:
- Use and work on different kinds of equipment and machinery. This will involve the design, manufacture, testing, installation and general maintenance of equipment.
- Take responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work.
- Use manual and CNC machines.
- Understand different maths techniques involved in the machining process such as speeds, feeds, calculating angles and removing materials.
- Hold and use work-devices and cutting tools effectively.
- Correct faults and ensure work output is to the required specification.
- Read and understand data and documentation use to produce different components.
- Select and set up the correct tools and equipment.
- Adjust machine parameters.
The successful candidate will be required to attend Chesterfield College two days per week for the first year of the apprenticeship.
Full training and support will be provided to the successful candidate throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to comply with health and safety regulations and working practices
- Ability to work well within a team
- Work diligently
- Keen to learn and develop new skills
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Accept responsibility for managing time and workload
A GCSE grade C/4 or above in English and maths is essential for this role
Opportunity to progress into full time employment and/or onto higher level qualifications for the right person.
Things to consider
This is a physical role where technical skills and knowledge is required.
About the employer
Founded in 1989, AET is one of the largest and fastest growing sub contract engineering companies in the North of England, with a highly skilled and experienced workforce utilising the very latest technology. Situated in Sheffield, the company operates from a 65,000 square feet manufacturing facility on a 2 ½ acre site. The organisation’s policy of developing its skills base, in addition to the continued commitment to invest in the latest plant and equipment, allows AET to remain at the forefront of the industry. Whilst retaining the benefits and independence of a family company, a strong management team, committed workforce, and ever expanding range of facilities gives AET the capability to provide a total quality service.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chesterfield College
Leah Shortt email@example.com
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards an Level 3 Apprenticeship in Engineering Technician (Machining) with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group
The level 3 apprenticeship standard includes:
- A mixture of face to face and remote visits every 4 - 6 weeks
- On the job training with a designated mentor
- Reviews every 12 weeks with your work-based tutor and line manager/mentor
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress
- End point assessment
- Attend day release to Chesterfield College - this will be two days per week in your first year, then one day per week in year 2 and onwards
Level 3 (A level)