Commis Chef Apprenticeship Red Mist Leisure Limited
We are looking for Apprentice Commis Chefs to join our team at any of our 11 pubs across Hampshire & Surrey. It is a position that requires someone who has a passion for food, enjoys working with others and has an enthusiasm to learn. In return we guarantee that we will offer you the support and learning that you need to achieve your apprenticeship
Closing date: 31 Dec 2021
£184.80 to £356.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Jan 2022
25 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To assist the kitchen team in food preparation and storage to ensure a high standard of food is served always, achieving all operational and commercial targets.
- to be friendly and supportive and to work hard as part of a team to ensure high standards are continually maintained
- To ensure we deliver a high standard of food always ensuring all dishes are served at the correct portion size, quality and temperature
- To ensure that all Health and Safety legislation and guidelines are implemented, adhered to and maintained, in respect of kitchen production, employees, machinery, equipment and hygiene.
- To maintain exceptional standards of cleanliness around all areas of the kitchen
- To minimise wastage
- To ensure stock holding and rotation is implemented
- To achieve exceptional customer satisfaction results with regards to food
- To ensure all company property is properly respected, used and looked after to reduce maintenance or replacement costs
Requirements and prospects
- Passion for food. We love food and so do our customers. This is the reason most of them visit our pubs. It is essential to understand and be passionate about great food. We want our menu and specials to express real enthusiasm and passion for the ingredients and food
- Totally customer focused. We must always strive to please them and exceed their expectations
- The ability to create and maintain consistently great food all the time.
- Honest, dedicated and hard working
- You must be a fun person with a good sense of humour who can enjoy work and the interaction with customers and other staff members
- Ambition and drive
- Enthusiastic personality who takes real pride in achieving exceptional results.
GCSEs grade C / 4 and above, must include maths and English
To want to progress within the catering industry, learning the skills and behaviors required to support your career progression.
About the employer
We are a growing pub group, currently with 11 pubs in the Surrey and Hampshire area.
We will be expanding this portfolio of pubs to 30 over the next 5 years, expanding into Dorset, Sussex and Hertfordshire.
We believe in progression, opportunity and supporting our staff and offer many perks to our Apprentices.
Our menus offer fresh, local and seasonal food giving Apprentices the opportunity to learn the full variety of skills required to complete the qualification.
FARNBOROUGH COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Farnborough College of Technology
Business Services 01252407299 email@example.com
1 day a week training at Farnborough College of Technology
4 days per week on the job kitchen training with the Head Chef and Sous Chef
Commis chef level 2
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.