Apprentice Commis Chef The Providence Inn
An exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Commis Chef to join our small friendly team in the small village of Yedingham. As a Commis Chef in our kitchen you’ll do food preparation work and basic cooking under the supervision of our Head Chef. This is your big chance to learn all there is to know about this role and this trade.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
24 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties to include:
- Assist the head chef with the creation and costings of menu items
- Plan, prepare and cook meals from scratch using fresh ingredients
- Learn about the theory of food safety when storing, cooking and preparing food
- Keep the kitchen clean and tidy
- Work safely in the kitchen
- Follow company policies
- Work as a member of the kitchen team to ensure service is smooth and efficient
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent team player
- Passion for cooking
- Enthusiasm to learn new things
- Excellent work ethic
- Ideally minimum 3 or D in English
- Numerical ability to calculate weights and measures of ingredients
- Maths & English development can be provided as part of the Apprenticeship programme
Full time role with employer with the possibility of progression onto further qualifications.
Things to consider
Yedingham is located on the B1258 off the A64 and is between Knapton and Ebberston.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Under new management, the Providence Inn is a fantastic community pub, where new and old faces are always welcome.
Whether you’re visiting the area and would like to camp, or if you’ve been visiting Malton for some shopping, we have plenty of room for you and your friends and families. We have a large beer garden with a play area, and your dogs are welcome too!
Once you’re all set up, come inside for a hearty meal with a couple of drinks.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Tyro Training Ltd
Apprenticeship Team 01723 588072 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 - Commis Chef Standard
- Functional Skills if required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.