Apprentice Commis Chef at Home Cafe Bar WARDLEY LTD
Excellent opportunity working in a well-established Manchester city centre restaurant. We are a busy kitchen with a focus on fresh food and would like a passionate individual to join our team.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
24 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
We are looking for a passionate chef, keen to learn and work in our very busy city centre restaurant. This role will be great for somebody with a passion for fresh food, keen to learn and improve their skills.
With opportunities to work on various sections including:
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Preparation of vegetables, salads, starters, soups, and sauces
- Plating up meals and assisting service
- Progressing on to prep and cooking main meals
- Cleaning and sanitising
- Adhering to Food Safety requirements
- Assisting the Head Chef with stock takes and ordering
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of basic food hygiene
- Good knife skills would be an advantage
- Positive attitude
- Keen to learn
GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are desirable.
Possibility of a full-time position upon completion of this apprenticeship for the right candidate.
Things to consider
You will attend college (Trafford College, Altrincham Campus) one day a week for the duration of the course.
Role requires standing and working in a warm environment.
About the employer
We are in independent restaurant within HOME. Using fresh produce to serve our guests classic dishes executed to a professional standard.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Trafford College
Mary Takhar 01618867461 email@example.com
Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.