Teaching Assistant (SEN) Apprenticeship INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
We are looking a dedicated apprentice to support our school as we strive to provide a safe learning environment to enable all pupils to grow and develop, with a commitment to providing opportunities that increase independence for every individual.
Closing date: 16 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 33.00
Possible start date
17 Feb 2022
24 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Support the teacher within the classroom and help students with the understanding of the work the teacher has supplied
- Raise standards of achievement for all pupils
- Encourage pupils to become more independent learners
- Provide support for their emotional, social and physical welfare
- Support the inclusion of pupils in all aspects of school life
- To work under the direction of the Line Manager, class teachers and other staff to support the learning of whole classes, selected groups or individuals as instructed
Requirements and prospects
- Knowledge of/willingness to learn about how children develop
- How to support children in literacy and/or numeracy; how children learn and how to motivate them, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of/willingness to learn about behaviour management strategies
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- A confident communicator
- Professionally presented
- Punctual and reliable
- GCSE (or equivalent) English and maths, grades A*-C/9-4 or Functional Skills Level 2
- Potential for full time employment for the right candidate upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
Safeguarding, Prevent & Equal Opportunities:
- Let Me Play, LMP Education and Sporting Education are committed to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities for all. We are equally committed to Safer Recruitment Policies, Safeguarding, the Prevent Duty and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults
- To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Inspire ATA Ltd. is a not-for-profit social enterprise set up to make a difference. We specialise in working with a wide range of clients (nationwide) that want to take on excellent Apprentices. We recruit and employ all of our Apprentices and then arrange amazing placements with our partners and clients whilst providing ongoing support. We also arrange and quality assure the training through our partner apprenticeship training providers.
Our vision is “to inspire ambition and widen horizons” and this is something that is totally embedded in all that we do. Our ATA creates apprenticeship jobs and opportunities that otherwise wouldn’t exist for people, allowing them to raise their aspirations. A lot of our work is with schools, so we love the fact that our Apprentices go on to inspire children of all ages. We inspire to inspire!
We want to have a positive impact on society with the work we do, and we encourage individuals to be good citizens that contribute to the wider community. Our focus for 2020 is all around the development and wellbeing of our Apprentices – you will often see us use the hashtag #LearnerFirst.
We operate nationally but we are based in Hammersmith & Fulham in London and have twice come runner up in their annual business awards for Best Social Enterprise or Charity (2016 and 2017).
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
Sophie Oliver 07858007944 firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
This training programme focuses on developing classroom delivery and work within schools.
The qualification aims to grow your existing skillset in the following key areas:
- Increased mastery of the critical stages of child and adolescent development
- Enhanced understanding of the types of influences that can affect this development
- Become fully adept in supporting teachers with the planning of activities, as well as creating own activity plans
- Evaluation of personal performance in relation to supporting literacy, numeracy, and ICT
- Amplify knowledge of safeguarding, and emergency procedures
- Understand legislation with regard to confidentiality, data protection, and information sharing
All candidates take part in an initial intense training programme at the start of the selection process. During this period our experienced staff will prepare candidates for their placements by giving them the foundations that they will need for securing a placement.
Our employability team will also be on hand to support with interview skills ready for a placement interview.
Functional skills if need.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.