Early Years Practitioner Apprentice THE SANDON TRUST
Sandon Primary School have a new apprenticeship opportunity for an Early Years Practitioner. You will be responsible for delivering a high standard of learning, development and care for children aged 0-5 years.
Closing date: 05 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
13 Jun 2022
24 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times
- To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress
- To help ensure Ofsted requirements are met at all times
- To understand and work to policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
- To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes
- To be a key person
- To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident forms
- To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the unit and its curriculum, exchanging information about children’s progress and encouraging parents’ involvement
- To work in partnership with senior management to update and review the self-evaluation and improvement plan
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the unit
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good rapport with both adults and children
- Numeracy and literacy
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to use own initiative
- Experience of working with children in a nursery setting
- Willingness to learn
GCSE grades 9-4/A*-C including maths and English (or equivalent).
Could lead to a permanent position for the right person.
Things to consider
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Therefore we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
About the employer
Sandon Primary Academy is a Primary School based in Meir. We believe that children, staff and parents should work actively in partnership to enable all children to realise their full potential. Both Sandon & Little Sandon are outstanding settings providing the very best education to children aged 2-11 years.
Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
The Apprenticeship Hub 01782 254287 email@example.com
- Level 2 Certificate for the Early Years Practitioner (Children and Young People’s Workforce)
- Functional Skills Level 1 ICT
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.