Stone Finisher Apprentice MIDLAND STONE CENTRE LTD
Midland Stone Centre Ltd, an industry leader in the supply of luxury top end stone products, are looking for 2 new finisher apprentices to join their busy fabrication team in Rothwell, near Kettering.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
28 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The job role comprises of applying finishing touches. i.e. polishing by hand to granite, quartz, marble and sintered materials for applications in the kitchen and bathroom market. You will be using specialist hand tools and basic machinery on a daily basis. Day-to-day you will be based at our factory but you may also be required to attend job sites around the country.
Dutie will include:
- Detailed finishing of stone products using sanders and angle grinders
- Day to day maintenance of tooling
- Quality checking finished pieces
- Loading of finished pieces onto stillages
- Cleaning working area
- Assisting other areas of production where required (operating machinery, assisting warehouse)
- Labelling up samples
Requirements and prospects
- Have some experience working with hand tools but not essential
- Be able to read shop drawings but full training will be given
- Have basic numeracy skills
- Have good coordination and attention to detail
- Be physically fit (as heavy lifting may be required)
- Take pride in both the quality and effort of their work
- Get on well working in a team
Minimum of a grade 3/D in both maths and English GCSE or equivalents.
The right candidate may have the opportunity to progress onto a higher level qualification/role on completion of their Level 2 Apprenticeship.
About the employer
As a key Trade Supplier, Midland Stone Centre Ltd fabricate to high standards in Granite, Marble and Quartz using only best quality materials and premium brands. The size of the business is such that you will find it easy to talk to someone who has a good knowledge of the issue you want to discuss. They operate with a fairly small number of staff due to their commitment to new technology. Visits to the factory and showroom always seem to impress. We are proud of the service we give.
ASTON RECRUITMENT & TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aston Recruitment & Training Ltd
Elizabeth Haywood 01604230371 Elizabeth.Haywood@aston-training.co.uk
Full training to be provided towards the Lean Manufacturing Operative Standard including:
- EAL Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills) 603/3589/0
- ETCAL Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills) 603/5151/2
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills) 603/4344/8
- OAL Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (Knowledge and Skills) Ofqual number: 603/6783/0
Apprentices without Level 1 (or equivalent) in English and maths must achieve Level 1 and take the test for Level 2 prior to taking the end-point assessment. For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement the apprenticeships English and maths minimum requirement is Entry Level 3 and British Sign Language qualification are an alternative to English qualifications for whom this is their primary language.
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.